Gibson Brands Forums

Steinberger Trem

lords

Great I figure I would post this anyway

I have a 1989 Epiphone/GibsonS-900 with I think it is a Steinberger KB Trem but without the rollers

as you see it needs the tuning screws...I am in touch with Gibson on this matter anyways still looking for parts

It plays great and I don't use the trem so ...still looking for parts

th_pic3.jpg

th_EG9001.jpg

any help would be great...so far the action is great on this baby...

thanks for looking...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well for parts for these bridges I found a gentleman in Germany for parts that were made for these...shipping will cost but there well worth it for custom parts...better then what support is for them now,which I didn't find any yet...

so to put mine back to mint is going to be under 100 US dollars (well worth it)...waiting on the finishing of the screws now

• 2 weeks later...
well for parts for these bridges I found a gentleman in Germany for parts that we made for these...shipping will cost but there well worth it for custom parts...better then what support is for them now' date='which I didn't find any yet...

so to put mine back to mint is going to be under 100 US dollars (well worth it)...waiting on the finishing of the screws now

[/quote']

Well, I guess that gentlemen is me :-)

I have updated the PDF file describing the fix, and included an image of the new tuning screws. You can download the PDF file here: Fixing the Steinberger KB Tremolo (updated on February 18, 2009).

Bernd

Be.eM,

thanks for the reply to support my words...

I do think your the only one that has an update to this...I looked high and low and found nothing.

talking to Gibson was worthless on this subject.......oh and them tuning screws coming to a point.will that affect

pushing down on the strings because of the strings pushing to the side of the screws point?

thanks,

Mark

Be.eM' date='

thanks for the reply to support my words...

I do think your the only one that has an update to this...I looked high and low and found nothing.

talking to Gibson was worthless on this subject.......[/quote']

Mark,

I know. I've been doing all those searches and questions as well. That's why I finally decided to do it myself.

oh and them tuning screws coming to a point.will that affect

pushing down on the strings because of the strings pushing to the side of the screws point?

We gave them exactly the shape of the originals. That's how they came when they were new :-)

Regards,

Bernd

Sweet I can finally get this back to order ...

question?? in your opinion, do you think its better to have the rollers so it will pull the strings cleaner or the setup i have in my post(no rollers for the strings to sit on)? reason why i ask is some say they need to be oiled a lot...

th_pic3.jpg

question?? in your opinion' date=' do you think its better to have the rollers so it will pull the strings cleaner or the setup i have in my post(no rollers for the strings to sit on)? reason why i ask is some say they need to be oiled a lot...[/quote']

Hmmm…, to be true, I don't have an opinion about this. My trem has rollers, but I'm not sure how much effect they have, since the strings are only moved along them while tuning. If it was a TransTrem, you'd defininitely need rollers, because the strings move forwards and backwards along the (static) rollers while using the trem. In your case, the rollers are mounted directly on the moving tremolo block, so there is no (longitudinal) string movement along the rollers/the bridge. So I think it doesn't really matter too much. AFAIK all the Steinberger Trems used by Hohner don't have rollers.

Regards,

Bernd

• 11 months later...

hey i have an 88 epiphone gibson s-9000 with the kb trem. ive searched all over for the parts i need but found nothing. ive decided to retrofit the guitar with another bridge and there for have the bridge removed from the guitar and would sell the entire assembly of which i only have 4 saddles for. if interested email me at vinlamans@yahoo.com and we can discuss prices and such.

Archived