Gibson Brands Forums

Bought first guitar.

Justiful

Today I ordered my first guitar.

Decided on the Les Paul Robot.

Seems like a great guitar to learn on, decent price, and I won't have to waste time tuning it when all I want to do is

learn how to play. I start guitar leasons next week, 4 days a week for next three months. Hopefully the les paul can

hold up to my abuse learning.

I got a http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GDECjr/

thats a gdec junior, practice amp to go with it, it has a built in metronome.

My friends all said I was crazy to buy a gibson to learn on.

Maybe there right lol, when I suck i can't very well blame it on the guitar now.

____EDIT____ response____ I went with the metalic red finish.

Congrats!

There's nothing wrong with learning on a fairly expensive guitar, if you ask me.

Especially, if you've always wanted to learn how to play and always wanted a Lester.

But if I were in your shoes though, I wouldn't be taking a $2,000+ guitar to my guitar lessons.

The fact that you bought a Robot as a learning guitar tells me you have money. Spend an extra $100 on a practice guitar.

well at least i you won't have to ever upgrade. my first was a lyon by washburn scott ian guitar, which i got for 100 bucks

and it was built like a freakin tank. and sounded real thick, it had a wierd pick up in it and i have no clue what kind it was

here is a pic cause i know you love em

01150101020701160120080722fcf871cbe43973833900806a.jpg

Why to buy a cheap electric if you already have the good one?

I would always prefer to play a great guitar than a copy from China or India.

It's easier to learn and it gives pleasure to the work.

ROBOt........if it really works as they say it's FANTASTIC.

I remember the pain of learning how to tune properly.

If you don't have a teacher you have a problem.

When I started playing there was no such thing as TUNERS.

The first tuners came in the early 80's KORG made lot of money seling them...

Try tuning by ear or with a telephone signal that was if I recall correctly a A note...

Thata was a refernce for few years...

Today ROBOT is cool.+ you have the other open tunings.Maybe it's confusing for a first lesson but kkep playing the guitar it's the only way to learn it.

AMEN

I don't think I will accidently break it lol we will see though, **** happens haha.

But I am medicaly retired from the military after iraq and getting full disability from VA.

So I can't work, I need something to do and I always wanted to learn guitar. So I called around found an

instructor, and I start leasons next monday. Now I'm like **** awsome, I need a guitar. Now I knowing nothing

about guitars, only one guitar brand was in my head Gibson. I tried to look at normal guitars, I went to the guitar

shops local to me and strumed a few, but I kept going back to wanting a gibson. So I got online checked out the

models, saw the robot and was sold. I thought about it long and hard for 2 days all I could think about was the

robot, I looked at the other models of gibsons but all I could picture myself playing was the robot.

Anyway it may break, But I got it stuck in my head and if it does I will have to buy another one. I have no choice in

the matter. I will keep you guys posted though on my progress and if I do go through a few. I did play the violin for

eight years, so I can at least read music and have some idea how to care for an instrument. I invested in a hard

body case, learned that leason when I played the violin. I had no passion for that instrument though. The guitar I

always wanted to play, but never had the time. Now I got the time, I got the money, and **** it why the hell not. :-)

I don't think I will accidently break it lol we will see though' date=' **** happens haha.

But I am medicaly retired from the military after iraq and getting full disability from VA.

So I can't work, I need something to do and I always wanted to learn guitar. So I called around found an

instructor, and I start leasons next monday. Now I'm like **** awsome, I need a guitar. Now I knowing nothing

about guitars, only one guitar brand was in my head Gibson. I tried to look at normal guitars, I went to the guitar

shops local to me and strumed a few, but I kept going back to wanting a gibson. So I got online checked out the

models, saw the robot and was sold. I thought about it long and hard for 2 days all I could think about was the

robot, I looked at the other models of gibsons but all I could picture myself playing was the robot.

Anyway it may break, But I got it stuck in my head and if it does I will have to buy another one. I have no choice in

the matter. I will keep you guys posted though on my progress and if I do go through a few. I did play the violin for

eight years, so I can at least read music and have some idea how to care for an instrument. I invested in a hard

body case, learned that leason when I played the violin. I had no passion for that instrument though. The guitar I

always wanted to play, but never had the time. Now I got the time, I got the money, and **** it why the hell not. :-)[/quote']

Thank you for your service. congratulations on the guitar

Congrats on the new guitar and good luck with the lessons, being able to read music should help you tremendously and so will four (4) lessons a week. I disagree with the other comments about buying a cheap guitar to learn on, I think having a good guitar and one that excites you really helps in learning and sticking with it. So enjoy the hell out of it and don't worry about it Gibson's are tough they hold up well, if you give it normal care you should b fine.

Good luck in all your other challenges also, music is a great tool in rehab and recovery it really helps the mental parts of being in a challenging situation. I was seriously hurt years ago when a drunk driver took me off my motor and crushed me between two cars at a intersection. I spent two years in the hospital getting put back together and getting set up with a artificial leg. Music kept me sane or almost sane anyway:-"

Good luck and I hope the guitar brings you all the happiness it can, you sound pumped and that's a great start.

[-X/

Congrats on the new guitar and good luck with the lessons' date=' being able to read music should help you tremendously and so will four (4) lessons a week.

[/quote']

thanks I would do 7 a week but four was the most I could convince an instructor to give. It's cool though I know this other guy who said he would give me some tips in between.

yea, I haven't been this excited about something since before. I plan on playing it everday as much as my fingers let me, Beats the hell outa tv, and I think at this point I have reached the end of the internet.

Wow... first Thanks for your service!! Gratz on the new LP... I like the whole "won't waste time tuning" line of thought. Post pics when you get it =D>

Playing violin for 8 years is gonna make guitar a snap, methinks... looking forward to reading about your progress!

Archived