Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PNL

Spirit GT Pro - Size of gig bag

Hi !

I'm looking for a travel guitar (hence size matters..) & must say I have a good feel about the GT-Pro (love @ first sight). Can somebody please give me the exact dimensions of the gig bag ?

Thx !

Hi !

I'm looking for a travel guitar (hence size matters..) & must say I have a good feel about the GT-Pro (love @ first sight). Can somebody please give me the exact dimensions of the gig bag ?

Thx !

Oh wow... dude... I JUST signed up for this site too, to ask the VERY SAME QUESTION! How nuts is that? LOL

I am on the road 99% of the time and am trying to put together an inexpensive mobile "studio" of sorts. I grabbed a Line 6 POD Studio GX to plug directly into my MacBook Pro (its TINY so fits in my suitcase nicely), so was looking at picking up a Steinberger Spirit GT Pro Deluxe. It looks like it would be PERFECT and small enough to carry aboard the planes. So I'm with the original poster here.. I'm very curious to learn the dimensions of not on the gig bag but hard case as well if anyone knows.

I will say this, I've owned a Spirit GT Pro years ago and ended up selling it for one reason or another. Wish I hadn't. With updated electronics it was a wonderful guitar! On stage and in the studio I use Jackson King Vs. The cases those fit in... well... you could park a small car in them. So I'd rather not haul them around by hand if I don't have to. Steinberger here I come!

Thanks for any info!

Hi! A few minutes ago, I saw an eBay auction for a Synapse SS-2F gigbag and the seller quoted a 33" length. This shorter, regular Synapse guitar is 25 1/2" scale (same as the GT-Pro, or Hohner G2T or G3T) but has a sligthly longer headpiece due to the included single-ball strings adapter.

So one could suppose the GT-Pro gigbag could measure between the 32" and 33"... I hope this helps a little...

Greetings, JPB

Thanks so much for the info. Can I ask one more question (and forgive me if it's in any way hijacking the thread)? I am looking for a hardshell case for when I buy my GT Pro. Musicians Friend has one, but they say its for the Synapse. Can you or anyone here tell me if it will fit the GT Pro?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Steinberger-Synapse-TranScale-Hard-Case?sku=541493

Hi again! The gigbag for the Transcale must be about 3.5" larger than needed for a GT Pro, but it will likely fit and you will have extra room for cables, strings and picks :-)

Just a matter of keeping the guitar blocked inside, otherwise you may try to get the regular Synapse (25.5" scale) hardcase.

Greetings, JPB

Thx to both (& no worries for the hijacking ;o), sorry for late feedback, just back from a long trip.

Have also asked a few direct suppliers, will let you know if I get something solid Adox.

Take it easy

Guys,

found the gig bag size : 32 x 9 x 5, nothing further on hard case yet.

Just in case somebody else looks for the answer.

Take care,

Just rcvd feedback through Gibson (includes hard case for Adoxtater) :

Hardcase :

33.5 inches long

10 inches wide

4 inches deep

gigbag:

32 inches long

10 inches at widest end

4.5 inches at narrow end

Previous info came from a resale agent.

Hope it will help others.

Take it easy,

P

Had the Spirit Pro from Music Yo, loved the small and light gig bag and I took it on the plane every week (i'm a pilot). Sold that and got the Synapse standard length, the Synapse gigbag is much heavier duty and is a good bag but it's a one size fits all for the transcale and bass too, it is big, 6" longer than the standard length guitar. Musicians Friend has Honer gigbags on backorder and they are cheap, ah, I meant inexpensive. I'm hoping to get one of those because the really long Synapse bag bugs me , I'm in uniform and this thing is sticking up above my head! Plus I hate advertising that I have a Synapse, but who's gonna pinch a Honer? Good luck finding a bag.

If you are looking for a inexpensive hard case for these guitars go to your local walmart and buy a cheap gun case. They should work perfect and cost about $20. U.S.

You might add a string adapter to your list, I find it to be very comforting to know that I can pop on any set of strings that I want, especially if I am traveling somewhere that it is hard to find good double ball end strings. www.guitarsend.com has them for $39.

cheers,

Tim