Gibson Brands Forums

Spirits always out of stock...poorly run company

mediterraneo

I ordered a Spirit months ago online after calling up the few retail stores that are listed as being dealers but which do actually not stock them (or had so few that they were all sold immediately) and am still waiting. The delivery date has been pushed back months again.

I wanted a Steinberger (and actually would have gone for a classic GL type guitar with trem but I will mention that more specifically in the other forum) but am rapidly losing my patience and will cancel my order and look for a replacement or have someone build me an instrument.

It seems as if Steinberger has been managed as badly as is possible without actually going out of business.

Does anyone know what is going on or to whom I can pass on this complaint?

Thank you

The problem ( I believe ) is supply and demand. As the economy is as it is more guitar players are looking for the most bang for their buck and as more people are finding out the spirits come with a thru neck and free floating trem. which is impossible to find in any guitar for $400. Don't feel too bad I to am one of those holding a number to get to the counter. Since this will be my third one I know it is worth the wait. You can buy almost any other model right now and if you are willing to buy a white standard model I found them available as of last week.

Archived