Gibson Brands Forums

Noticed that there are some new Steinbergers possably in the pipe line?

headlessguitar

Gibson er... Steinberger seems to have redone their entire line of guitar and of course added the ZT3 (here is a cool video of Algis Greitai playing his ZT3 on stage). I'm wondering if they are going to soon have a complete line of Steinberger guitars? :P that would be cool.

When do we get a Steinberger full body (like the ZT3) at a more affordable price?

Steinberger

Fantastic Slap n Snap bass guitarist!

I'd like to see the GL-Pro (GL4TA) type guitars added back to the roster. I once had (and later stupidly sold) a GL-Pro with H/S/S configuration. It was such a great axe. Beautiful. It as one piece, mine was white, made completely from that proprietary Steinberger material, Trans Trem 2, etc. http://www.steinbergerworld.com/fliers/86gl4tnp.jpg The white version looked really sweet. I bought mine in the mid-90s from Gibson, when they were putting these together with the leftovers from their Steinberger parts. I'd like to see these brought back.

headlessguitar -- Yeah, I'm just glad they still sell any guitars. The SS-2F Custom is SWEET-sounding and -playing axe. The little hex screws everywhere on the thing are made of some soft metal, and strip very easily, unfortunately. Possibly cost-cutting measures, I don't know. It's an unfortunate flaw in an otherwise wonderful guitar.

I haven't had my ZT-3 long enough to give it a thorough evaluation. I've got the EMGs to install. Feels nice, and sounds great. Sound versatility is sweet.

Also, I hope somebody can explain whether (and how) to keep the Trans Trem 3 locked without having the arm screwed in. I play mostly without a trem arm, and I hate the fact that the trem is always floating when the arm is out. Seems bass ackward.

Where did you see any information on more models on the way? There seems to be almost no talk about Steinbergers except here (and it is pretty dead here; no one from Steinberger seems to look in and there are very few posts in general) and the Steinberger World forum.

Contrast that with a line like Suhr where John Suhr himself takes time to post info on new developments to the board and answer questions more generally. Steinberger seems like a "ghost brand" which could easily disappear from one year to the next (which worries me in as much as many parts are specific only to Steinberger and even to individual product lines within Steinberger)

Is there any official information or a blog from someone at the company?

Thanks

Archived