Gibson Brands Forums

Strings and Hard Case

ajitmenon

Hi,

I wanted to know whether the 'Steinberger Synapse and TranScale Hard Case' that is available on Amazon will also work for the 'Spirit GT-Pro Deluxe'. here is the URL: http://www.amazon.com/Steinberger-Synapse-TranScale-Hard-Case/dp/B001RPYE7M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1238506546&sr=8-2

I purchased a set of double-ball strings from D'Addario. When I put them on the guitar, I realised that the string was about 5 mm shorter that the strings that originally came on the guitar. Can you suggest which brand and model number of strings should I purchase for use on the Spirit?

Thanks.

Hi' date='

I purchased a set of double-ball strings from D'Addario. When I put them on the guitar, I realised that the string was about 5 mm shorter that the strings that originally came on the guitar. Can you suggest which brand and model number of strings should I purchase for use on the Spirit?

Thanks.[/quote']

You probably purchased some strings that are calibrated for the TransTrem. They will work but it is a little hard to get the high E string on. Next time get non-calibrated strings.

Hi' date='

Additionally, I wanted to know whether the 'Steinberger Synapse and TranScale Hard Case' that is available on Amazon will also work for the 'Spirit GT-Pro Deluxe'. here is the URL: http://www.amazon.com/Steinberger-Synapse-TranScale-Hard-Case/dp/B001RPYE7M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1238506546&sr=8[/quote']

Sorry, I can't give you a definitive answer on the case. I would think the regular Synapse case may work better than the Transcale case. I do know a lot of owners buy rifle/gun cases for their GT-Pros.

• 1 year later...

Hello:

I have the same problem as the OP, with D'Addario strings---they're too short, and the ball at the bridge end is too small.

I contacted D'addario, and they confirmed that the ESXL strings are calibrated for the transtrem.

So....can anyone recommend a good nickel roundwound string that fits the Spirit XT-2? Or any good aftermarket strings, for that matter?

Thanks for any advice.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived