Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alexr

Synapse with a trem

I wonder if we'll ever see a Synapse with a trem? An SS-2F type guitar with a TTrem would be nice, hell, even an RTrem would be nice, how come Ned left out the Trem on all of the Synapse models? :) i wonder if any new model Steinbergers are on the Horizon. Things seem to be very quiet here atm...

Why would you want a trem on a baritone guitar? Or on a capo'd guitar? It's meant to be played fast riffs or rhythm, not bend. If you want bending, coil splitting, go for a transtrem. Transcale is meant to give a deep timbre on baritone, and a jazz riff/rhythm capability by mixing in the tones from the EMG active PUPs and the Piezo bridge (which is ebony, to give you a jazzy sound).

The fretboard is designed for speed and I guess you could use light strings to bend as the scale length is sufficient to bend easily without requiring a trem. Use a pitch bend / tremolo setting on an expression pedal attached to a multieffect processor and send the sound through that would give you a very thorough control on the guitar with your hands while using your foot to bend.

Why would you want a trem on a baritone guitar? Or on a capo'd guitar? It's meant to be played fast riffs or rhythm' date=' not bend. If you want bending, coil splitting, go for a transtrem. Transcale is meant to give a deep timbre on baritone, and a jazz riff/rhythm capability by mixing in the tones from the EMG active PUPs and the Piezo bridge (which is ebony, to give you a jazzy sound).

The fretboard is designed for speed and I guess you could use light strings to bend as the scale length is sufficient to bend easily without requiring a trem. Use a pitch bend / tremolo setting on an expression pedal attached to a multieffect processor and send the sound through that would give you a very thorough control on the guitar with your hands while using your foot to bend. [/quote']

The SS-2F isnt the capo/baritone version.

I think you could install an R-trem.

I have 3 spirit models and i've bought extra r-trem before music -yo closed up.

I'm gona install one on my ss-2f.

I think you could install an R-trem.

I have 3 spirit models and i've bought extra r-trem before music -yo closed up.

I'm gona install one on my ss-2f.

Let us know how you go!!