Gibson Brands Forums

GOW explorer

Rick

hi everybody!

I'm Rick, i'm 15 and i come from italy =D>

i read the explorer new century guitar of the week (2007, week 36) is limited to 400 models in the world--->http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitars/Discontinuted%20Models/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/Explorer%20New%20Century-Week36/

is this right?

i have one of this guitar--->foto066fq6.jpg

this model can be rare one day?

Hey Rick, nice guitar.

To answer your question, the 2007 GOTW series was limited UP TO 400 guitars. From what I have heard most, if not all were made in batches and therefore on demand. If they didn't get enough orders for a particular model they did not make all 400. So depending on how many they made (I suppose you could find out the exact number by contacting Gibson Custom Support) you could have 1 of 400 or you could have 1 of 50.

As for as rarity goes, yeah, because they didn't make very many of them means it is fairly rare. But in Gibson's instance, rarity does not equally collectibility nor value. Gibson has made alot of one-offs and weird *** models that, despite being few in numbers, just aren't worth anything. It really has to do with how desired it is as a whole. And, being the former owner of the 2007 GOTW Reverse Flying V...usually the GOTW or GOTM series are only worth anything to their owners.

Hope this answers your questions!

Hey Rick' date=' nice guitar.

To answer your question, the 2007 GOTW series was limited UP TO 400 guitars. From what I have heard most, if not all were made in batches and therefore on demand. If they didn't get enough orders for a particular model they did not make all 400. So depending on how many they made (I suppose you could find out the exact number by contacting Gibson Custom Support) you could have 1 of 400 or you could have 1 of 50.

As for as rarity goes, yeah, because they didn't make very many of them means it is fairly rare. But in Gibson's instance, rarity does not equally collectibility nor value. Gibson has made alot of one-offs and weird *** models that, despite being few in numbers, just aren't worth anything. It really has to do with how desired it is as a whole. And, being the former owner of the 2007 GOTW Reverse Flying V...usually the GOTW or GOTM series are only worth anything to their owners.

Hope this answers your questions![/quote']

so they could made 70 of them? if i ask to the member " gibson support" or whatever, he can tell me all what I wanna know?

Archived