Gibson Brands Forums

SERIAL NUMBER SEARCH

TerryWrightMusic

3 hours ago, yamandurod said:

… numero de serie N000546, en que fecha calculan que se fabricó y cual es su modelo?

(tiene 2 microfonos EMG activos)

Hola,

your guitar was most likely made in late 2003 or early 2004, during the so-called "Music Yo era". To determine which model you have you should post a picture here. There is no log file where we could look up your serial number.

Bernd

I'm trying to date/ID my Steinberger bass.  It's a mini-V-shaped bass with the serial number N0393.  Poking around on the internet leads me to believe that it's a 1984 XP-2.  However, there's a "Made in Japan" sticker just below the bridge and I can't verify that any Steinbergers were built in Japan back then.  

Can 

20230209_065533.jpg

20230209_065545.jpg

20230209_065721.jpg

20230209_102740.jpg

15 minutes ago, ccondon23 said:

I'm trying to date/ID my Steinberger bass.  It's a mini-V-shaped bass with the serial number N0393.  Poking around on the internet leads me to believe that it's a 1984 XP-2.  However, there's a "Made in Japan" sticker just below the bridge and I can't verify that any Steinbergers were built in Japan back then. 

Your guess is correct. Not Steinbergers were made in Japan, but the bridges were manufactured by Zen-On in Japan. Maybe the sticker comes from the bridge.

Bernd

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, sojczyn said:

Hi. I have a Spirit by Steinberger... No 5061838... What is a instrument and which year of production?

There is no complete information about Spirits, this thread is primarily about Steinberger USA serial numbers. However, there's some fragmentary information which points to 1996 as a build date for your Spirit. To determine what it is you'd need to show a pic.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Stephen lloyd said:

… is N0507. I was wondering could this be one of the first 50 XP2’s ever made?

Stephen,

the N-serials for bolt-on necks were introduced with GPs and XPs and were numbered starting with N0001. So your bass is definitely one of the first 507 bolt-on instruments made. But I'm pretty sure not one of the first 50 XPs… I'd think they made about half GPs, half XPs, so it's more like one of the first 250 or so…

Bernd