Gibson Brands Forums

Help IDing Steinberger Guitar

jeffthewookiee

I need help identifying a Steinberger guitar. The serial number is:

N13989.

It has a headstock with tuning keys, a Strat-ish shaped body, and 3 EMG pickups, HSH configuration. 2 tone knobs and one flick switch that I'm guessing switches the pickups from active to passive. It's a deep sea green/blue color.

Can anyone help me ID this guitar?

I need help identifying a Steinberger guitar. The serial number is:

N13989.

It has a headstock with tuning keys' date=' a Strat-ish shaped body, and 3 EMG pickups, HSH configuration. 2 tone knobs and one flick switch that I'm guessing switches the pickups from active to passive. It's a deep sea green/blue color.

Can anyone help me ID this guitar?

[/quote']

The headstock says: this is a Steinberger GS, HSH configuration makes it a GS-7, and the flick switch doesn't toggle active/passive, but humbucker/single coils on the two "H" EMGs (89). Do you have a photo you could upload somewhere? I'm not sure about the serial, but it sounds like one of the later/last Newburgh serials.

Which trem does the guitar have?

Bernd

Here's a photo...also any idea of the value?

Nice :-)

The value is a little bit hard to estimate. I've been told recently that they "would cost 2000 to 3500$ depending on shape, originality and setup."

From what I see, it's a GS-7T (with TransTrem), but without an "A" standing for an active EQ (this would have a stacked pot at the tone pot position). AFAIK the "pickguard" fragment is not standard, this seems to be a modification, which may have caused some ugly holes in the body. This will most likely reduce the price from the maximum written above. OTOH, being equipped with a TransTrem makes this guitar residing in the upper price area. Depends on the rest (fretwear, condition of the trem, etc.).

Bernd

• 1 month later...

This seems like an original GS neck and body. I cannot tell if it has the HAZ labs active eq board, like an original GS7TA.

This one looks customized to use a TransTrem III. Can you shoot pictures of the guitar's back? I believe the value is somewhere near the 1800 - 2000$ mark, since it's not original.

John

Archived