Gibson Brands Forums

Bring back the GL!

fdsman

I don't like the new Synapse line or the ZT3 custom! Bring back the classic GL models with TT2 type trems, the Spirit is a sorry excuse for a real Steinberger!

I'm sure with the help of Gibson you could easily have a model with a trans trem in the 800 range or maybe even lower!

Yeah, would be nice to have a more high end GL shape guitar, even if it dosen't have a trans trem, but at least a better trem than the R- Trem. Plus, higher end pickups would be great also (kinda like the ones on the synapse for example), and also the graphite neck can be a big plus.

But fdsman, I don't thik that they can make a really higher end Spirit with a price less than 1000 $ range.

• 2 weeks later...

it would e nice to have GL, GM and GR, i am from europe i it was hard to have a steinberger synapse , and i thing it would be twice harder to get another steinberger guiter at the moment , in europe we have a few steinbergers and it would be nice to have more steinbergers , but at this moment it is hard.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't like the new Synapse line or the ZT3 custom! Bring back the classic GL models with TT2 type trems' date=' the Spirit is a sorry excuse for a real Steinberger!

I'm sure with the help of Gibson you could easily have a model with a trans trem in the 800 range or maybe even lower!

[/quote']

It would be hard to build the trem for $800 so I think you can forget about it . The ZT3 is about as cheap as it's ever going to be . Remember the price of the GL back in the day,(and they weren't making a living out of those.)

Archived