Gibson Brands Forums

bridge/neck and nut system

mickbass

i owned a (fretless) four string bass back in the 80s but was dissatisfied with the pickups so i'm looking to build a custom bass with a headless system. I need a through neck bridge, bridge and nut. i've looked around and the only comparable system is produced by Allparts - though they don't do a through neck - which nearly amounts to the price of a new bass. other than buying an old bass and scavenging parts (or buying a Status which i also don't want to do) does anybody know of a way to purchase the required parts?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

OK, as you're willing a through-neck headless bass other than the expensive Status, you'd better go for a Synapse bass which has the latest developments in neck construction and piezo bridge with active electronics.

If this option is still considered expensive (even second-hand), then you should check the Hohner basses, these are always showing up on eBay, either the US site (for paddle body) or the UK or German sites (full-bodied The Jack and also paddle body).

These basses do use Steinberger System hardware of the same type found on the Spirit series, including the DB-bridge. If at the end you'll not like their passive/active electronics you may replace these later on.

Cheers, JPB

Archived