Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dick motorman

Reissues, what do you guys thing?

Personally I want Steinberger (Gibson) to reissue the old GMs and maybe GLs with the TT2s. I know the guys in Cynic were working on getting this done, but I'm curious what do you guys think/ want?

I've been thinking about starting an online petition.

Yes get Fibersonixx to build the carbon parts (in China) then ship um to the US for frets and assembly.If you did this the price could be reasonable and the QC would be better than the awful QC on the Synapse.

YES DO IT. Gibson are the kiss of death for all the brands they purchase and the NEVER sell them.

Yes pretty bad , If you find a good one they can be made to work but I might as well of made my own by the time I'd finished mine.

Thanks; is it significantly better than the Spirit at least or not even worth that much more? I am looking for a GLB Music-Yo (I would like a truss rod and trem ideally) but haven't been able to locate one and was thinking of getting one of these in the interim. Would you pick one over the other for those purposes or are they both just hopeless? What did you end up needing to do to yours?

Thanks again

Refret and re profiled the stupidly huge neck . It was thicker at the nut than the blank piece of maple Fender start with to cut a strat neck out of and made my friends R7 Les Paul seem like an Ibanez.