Gibson Brands Forums

Janky bridge on 61 reissue

cragginshred

Hi,

I just got a 61 reissue used from guitar center. The pups and bridge is covered with a strange film that cannot be removed. Worse is the saddles where the strings sit look 'chewed' or dented to sides of the notch. It a/b's perfect with my LP with 57 classics, and the intonation is spot on. I am just concerned about it's later potential issues. Advice needed on just replacing the bridge with Gibson parts or what. It was an over the phone shipping deal with GC so I will be calling them regarding the notch's as they did disclose the film over the hardware. Advice and suggestions appreciated, as well as links to get the replacement parts.

I am opting to return it, however, when responding to a thread read it first and ask yourself what kind of advice and encouragement can I offer. I did not ask for your opinions about used guitars from guitar center. They come with a 30 day money back which allowed me to justify getting one in better condition, so in this instance it was a very wise choice on my part as I will use the return coin towards a new one.

Archived