Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Robot, metalic red, unused.

Thundergod

I just came back from my honeymoon, and brought my newest guitar, a gibson robot les paul I bought from a store on ebay a month ago. I hadn't had time to play with her until now (that I'm back in my country) and all I can say is, I don't know how people cannot love this guitar. :D

The neck is nice, the ebony fretboard looks fantastic, and the pickups sound exactly like I wanted them to (some people say they are a little too hot, but I already have plenty of nice and balanced guitars, I don't mind having one with hot pickups, they ain't as hot as EMGs anyway, and I love EMGs for some styles).

After lugging it around both Orlando and Miami international airports I thank Gibson for making these guitars chambered! I'll take some pics tomorrow but will post some pics of the ebay auction right now so you guys can take a look.

192.jpg

157.jpg

165.jpg

I've had 5 robots so far, nice guitars but I can't understand why making them in "studio" versions instead of Standards.

Do you really prefer chambered Gibsons? I prefer un-chambered, I think full weight gives the real full Les Paul tone, don't you think?

I preffer heavy guitars, I prefer solid guitars, but just because 80% of my playing is done while sitting down. I thank gibson for making this one lighter as I had to walk all around concouorse D on the Miami airport and it was tiresome (would have been the same even without the guitar, now imagine doing it with a full solid body guitar LOL)

I preffer heavy guitars, I prefer solid guitars, but just because 80% of my playing is done while sitting down. I thank gibson for making this one lighter as I had to walk all around concouorse D on the Miami airport and it was tiresome (would have been the same even without the guitar, now imagine doing it with a full solid body guitar LOL)

That's true, walking and carrying a guitar+case is horrible, I've lived that, but I cannot imagine that + all luggage.

It was worst than that [scared]

Things to consider:

-it was my honeymoon (so I was with the wife) [sneaky]

-it was the wife's first time in the US (so shopping, shopping and more shopping it was) :o

-she found out about all the outlets in Orlando and Miami [lol]

I always prefer to travel light and fast, with only the necessary clothing and luggage. This time I was traveling with 4 full sized suitcases, 2 carry-ons and a backpack, plus the robot guitar and a ukelele [cursing]

It was worst than that [scared]

Things to consider:

-it was my honeymoon (so I was with the wife) [sneaky]

-it was the wife's first time in the US (so shopping, shopping and more shopping it was) :o

-she found out about all the outlets in Orlando and Miami [lol]

I always prefer to travel light and fast, with only the necessary clothing and luggage. This time I was traveling with 4 full sized suitcases, 2 carry-ons and a backpack, plus the robot guitar and a ukelele [cursing]

Hey, but at the end you'll remember that time and you'll enjoy those memories.

By the way, congrats for the marriage!

Archived