Gibson Brands Forums

Start college tomorrow...

Silenced Fred

Good luck with the studies anyway. Best years of my life....and I met a hot little co-ed who became the wife. She wasn't half as turned on by my chops as she was with my future earning potential. And I make a lot more with my brain than I do my fingers. Exciting time for you man. I'm happy for you. Give them hell! B)

Zenken pretty well hits it...

Get through college as the priority. Period. Exclamation point.

As my nephew, a very fine athlete, said, "I play football to go to college, I didn't go to college to play football." He's still a good athlete at 40 and has an excellent income and lifestyle.

Me? Well, in college I learned how to play guitar fairly well, played in bands, did a lotta working out, had a number of girlfriends of various personalities, wrote part time for a daily newspaper, and got talked into quitting school to write full time for the paper. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

m

Don't get into the habit of thinking "Man, I pay for these classes I can skip whenever I want to" because it's not only your money you're pissing away, it's opportunity. It's an easy mentality to fall into, especially if you fall in with a crowd who thinks that way. It's not worth it.

Well as a former college geek I can tell you for sure that nerds do rule! I married a cheerleader, drive a BMW and you can see the guitars I own. Have fun too but these 4 years will define your career.

So what math class are you taking?

1635 statistics. Class is ok

No cute girls in any of my classes EXCEPT for on the newspaper. She could melt steel...

Late to the party Fred but good luck, there's been a lot of good advice given already so I'll just give you a couple things I learned. As mentioned don't skip classes, if you make it to every class it's a lot harder to fail it than laying in bed because you didn't feel like going. Second, and this is the important one, do all your homework between and directly after classes/the paper. That way you're all caught up and carefree for enjoying the nightlife(well as much as you can enjoy until 21) and all the activities on campus.

College is great, don't leave until they force you to go, and congrats on the position with the paper.

But try to avoid chicks who are interested in your "earning potential".

There are many words for that sort of female, and none of them is flattering...

:-"

Lol McMurray I'm finally starting to realize that's totally true. Not like ******y hey wanna **** confidence but just some nice confidence goes a long way lol.

Perfect example of this yesterday, thought I would share the story. For a class, we all had to share something interesting about ourselves, typical douchy ness for most people, some people were genuine as i was. I shared that I was born a month premature, blue, with an umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and upside down. A girl then said that was born from infertile parents, and was orange when she was born. Weird story I know, but after class we had to stay to talk to the professor if he liked our story, while we were waiting, was it the guy who kept acting like a ****** that would have gotten all the girls in high school or me that she talked to? [flapper]

I love college [biggrin]

Do a lot of people over there actually do that orange fake tan stuff?

Yeah... I saw two girls who obviously wanted to live in jersey shore, but I don't think they would fit... Spandex needs to be restricted like guns. Background checks, waiting periods, etc

That to.

Hell any girl that like my music would win me over, unless shes one of those horse faces. [lol]

You have such a way with words

dem00n: Hi, I'm br00tal.

girl: I love your music

dem00n: y00z a horse face. I would not wake up next to you in the bushes

And from that point, I think you may have to marry her

You have such a way with words

dem00n: Hi, I'm br00tal.

girl: I love your music

dem00n: y00z a horse face. I would not wake up next to you in the bushes

And from that point, I think you may have to marry her

How you know? <_<

Archived