Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Rhoads LP Custom

GIANTRobOT42O

i kinda need that duane :-" if you could pm me that would be great :-"

If the story is correct, it sat in a case for 17 years or so. He didn't like it then one day he got it out of storage. It has a scalloped neck though, not sure how well it'd play....sure it'd be good though. Anytime I see Duane post pictures of it, I have to comment on it. It's such a beautiful LPC...

If the story is correct, it sat in a case for 17 years or so. He didn't like it then one day he got it out of storage. It has a scalloped neck though, not sure how well it'd play....sure it'd be good though. Anytime I see Duane post pictures of it, I have to comment on it. It's such a beautiful LPC...

Randy used a scalloped neck?[confused]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw4uj_ZPHvY&feature=search

he doesnt have to. ill take it for free [lol]

edit: by the way, im just kidding, but i would gladely take it if he ever wanted more room around the house [thumbup]

You may just have to get in line if that ever happened...ask yourself this, why do I have a picture of Duane's guitar, I'v been in love with it ever since I saw it, think it wants me too...I just know lol

Or you could buy a 68 RI have the PG engraved and save an *** load of cash.

Why? Randy didn't have his engraved. And I'm quite sure "Gibson" wasn't scrolled across the PuPs either.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the 74/75 era were the "Pancake" era, which were different than the 68s.

No the pup covers are from 71-72 Duane's is a 1980. I really doubt they will make a pancake body for the reissue. #-o

Oh, yes Randy's pickguard was engraved, I believe the members of Quiet Riot had it done before they gave him the guitar.

randyx.jpg

Archived