Gibson Brands Forums

Steak houses in Philly

craigh

Going to Philly for Labor Day weekend. My friend told me about a steakhouse in San Francisco I think is called Alfred's. Any similar place in Philly? I really do not want to go to a chain like Chris Ruth.

Craig

You going to Philly you don't not want stinkiing fancy steak house. Get you down to Pat's (or Geno's if you're a fancy pants) and get you a real Philly cheesesteak. I like mine "Wit" B)

I prefer Campos on Market St for cheesesteak. After I check into the hotel. I'll walk to Campos.

Craig

Pat's story. I'm standing in line with the rest of the dopes and a Big silver Mercedes comes down Passyunk Avenue and stops right in the middle of the street. Guy gets out and walks right up to the window and they hand him his steak sandwich. He gets back in the Mercedes and drives off. Now that's a fancy pants! B)

BTW, my daughter like Geno's better. Must be her mother's fault.

Depending on which part of town you are in. When I go back there, I usually stay in Media (west side), and the downtown area is full of great restaurants, and none of the usual chains. Personally I try to avoid chains like the TGI-Apple-Chilli-Tuesdays, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc. When you get there, just ask, lots of great places to eat.

Geno's is fun and a must do if you have never been. Mine are witout.

Those places are nice but, Jump across the Walt Whitmon bridge and get into Jersy. They have a place called the Cherrywood Lounge That has the best Philly Cheesesteak and Chillie Cheese Fries. Also a 21 oz glass of Kellians on Draft. The place in West Chester is Top notch also. Man Now I'm Getting Hungry. [drool]

Archived