Gibson Brands Forums

EPIPHONE EP-1000R AMP W/ TWEED COVERING

Fadedepi

I have found one of these in at a small local music store. The amp is brand new and the store just never sold it. This amp, while S.S. got decent reviews at it's time of release. What intriges me, is the Tweed covering, It's 25W, with a 10" speaker, spring reverb and hi-gain channel. I can find references to this model with black covering, but nothing about the Tweed version. The Serial No. is K950700975. I'm hoping to get some help with the date of manufacture and where. Also the original retail price. I might make him a offer for it, depending.

Thanks for any help,

Faded...

Buy, if not you might regret that. I always buy and then decide what to do.

Starfoxhound,

Your buying habits are like mine. However, in this case; the amp is marked $250. I know in todays market that's way overpriced. I mean you can buy a new Fender Frontman 25R for $100. I could offer him $100 for it, worst case is he says NO. This is why I'm trying to find out a little more about it. I believe these were made sometime in the 90's until early 2000's. Possibly they did retail at that price then? As I stated in my original post, this is a small shop, been around for a lot of years. (Amazing, because a G.C and Sam Ash store are fairly close by) I may have to call Gibson to get the info I'm looking for.

EP-1000R-Black-Tolex-Coveri.jpg

Thanks,

Faded...

Archived