Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Steven Lister

i.d. your Epiphone here -- serial # key, guitardater link + factory codes... a worldwide guide >part 3

Recommended Posts

"YC". Another letter factory code to list under Unclear Letter Factory Codes? From my August of 2005 Epi G-310, #YC05082599. I can't find info on a YC factory code anywhere.

0723190143_HDR_1563865548932.jpg

Edited by SupersonicNomad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mihcmac said:

The data came from GuitarInsite I don't know where they got it from but good to have it posted again. But their engine correctly identified the SN like you did as being made by Samick in Korea 1994 ... [thumbup]

 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone with a YC factory letter code, I spoke with Roelof from GuitarInSite.com, he stated the following:

---------

Y = probably Korea

C= Cort (factory)

Because I do not have yet absolute certainty about this, it has not yet been processed in the decoder.

----------

While not confirmed, it's at least some kind of possibility of location. Beats wondering blindly with nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Riviera P93 Custom RW. The serial number is 16031500606. This id thread is pretty confusing. Can you tell me anything from this number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:00 AM, pete424 said:

I have a Riviera P93 Custom RW. The serial number is 16031500606. This id thread is pretty confusing. Can you tell me anything from this number?

Serial number: 16031500606

Built: March 2016 (serial: 00606)

Made by Qingdao (electric), China

From Guitar Insite

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, melpi65 said:

Good evening,

I would like to ask for a little help to recognize the following serial number:

Belongs to a Epiphone Les Paul Junior Double cutaway:

I suspect is a Japanese one but i'm not sure because i don't understand why isn't only J and i see an "I" after J.

Year i think is 98, as i see in many pages appears to be information about year by numbers but not from where it is the guitar.

I suspect Japan 98...but that I makes me crazy

May you help me?

Thank you!

with most 2 letter factory codes the first letter = factory, the second letter usually indicates country of origin, in this case I =  Indonesia.

Serial number: JI98110129

Built: November 1998 (serial: 0129)

From Guitar Insite

I also have this LP Junior Double Cut with a factory code CI = Cort Indonesia. This model had very limited production, most of which is traceable to Indonesia...

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have an Epiphone Casino with only 5 digits 05313

I can not seem to find any listing for it on the net in regards to age, location of manufacturer etc. 

I have been told that it is probably an 80s MIJ model.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Matt

IMG_0498.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, M.E. Baird said:

Hi I have an Epiphone Casino with only 5 digits 05313

I can not seem to find any listing for it on the net in regards to age, location of manufacturer etc. 

I have been told that it is probably an 80s MIJ model.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Matt

IMG_0498.JPG.b328ec0bff2c063c97ff64ec017

WOW... be careful with it................................................................................................................................................

Serial number: 05313

Built: 1960 (no space after 1st digit)
(serie: 5313)

Made by Epiphone (Gibson) in Kalamazoo, USA. (Solidbody)

from Guitar Insite

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, M.E. Baird said:

Hi Mihcmac, 

Wow!!  thank you. I thought it looked older than an 80s casino.  Will have to get a flight case now for touring.  Cheers M.E. 

 

You may want to call Gibson to confirm,  1-800-4GIBSON or have a professional evaluation done..

If authenticated it could be worth somewhere arround $6000...

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm new in the forum and I have got a question.

I bought 27 years ago, more or less, an Epiphone Les Paul guitar but I don't know the model of it. Besides, there is no Gibson inscription anywhere. Regarding serial number (with 7 numbers) I couldn't find any explanation in this (or other) forums. Only, I can provide you the serial number (9212994) and several photos... please, could you help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Fran Sal

Alma.jpg

Clavijero.jpg

Clavijero_2.jpg

Cuerpo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fran_Sal said:

Hi all, I'm new in the forum and I have got a question.

I bought 27 years ago, more or less, an Epiphone Les Paul guitar but I don't know the model of it. Besides, there is no Gibson inscription anywhere. Regarding serial number (with 7 numbers) I couldn't find any explanation in this (or other) forums. Only, I can provide you the serial number (9212994) and several photos... please, could you help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Fran Sal

Alma.jpg

Clavijero.jpg

Clavijero_2.jpg

Cuerpo.jpg

1992 Les Paul-300. Never seen one in cherry before. Pretty nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SupersonicNomad said:

Wow! Sweet LP indeed!

Many thanks...

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, RobinTheHood said:

1992 Les Paul-300. Never seen one in cherry before. Pretty nice.

Thanks, Robin.

But, do you know where was made it and why doesn't it have any Gibson marks?.

When I've tried to decode the serial number doesn't coincide with any formula YMMRRRR -or something like this- found on the Internet.

Regards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 4:57 AM, Fran_Sal said:

Many thanks...

Thanks, Robin.

But, do you know where was made it and why doesn't it have any Gibson marks?.

When I've tried to decode the serial number doesn't coincide with any formula YMMRRRR -or something like this- found on the Internet.

Regards!

It was made in Korea. Epiphones of that era with no factory code were made at the Samick factory.

92=year

12=month

XXX=batch number

There are no Gibson markings because it appears that someone replaced the truss rod cover. There is no where else this guitar would have those markings. 

As for the serial format, they used Y and YY depending on the year and factory.  Sometimes it can be difficult to determine the year by the serial alone without seeing the guitar to determine the proper era. I know thay these guitars were only made from the early to mid 1990s, so 1999 would not be an option . The angle of the Epiphone logo on the headstock is another indicator of the era. By 1996, they were more angled instead of straight across the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 8:56 AM, kamikaze3557 said:

Hello All, How about this one....Told it was a 90s Epi, SG, I do not own but may trade for it ..Thank you, Mike. 278704175_EpiSGhsb.jpg.a3342573407e43fec3ae14cd4a56acb3.jpg628622705_EpiSG.jpg.7280675e1863fe5b0f06a8d25bce8735.jpg45061115_EpiSGhsf.jpg.1dc9e6d406b221a30504ee941f7cfecc.jpg

1996 Saein. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

090219054626.png

New to this sorry people,Any ideas on an estimated value on my 87 Les Paul Ltd Ed.?

file-1_optimized_4_50.jpeg

Edited by Tboneh
Forgot to add text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tboneh said:

New to this sorry people,Any ideas on an estimated value on my 87 Les Paul Ltd Ed.?

file-1_optimized_4_50.jpeg

The Les Paul Standard Sparkle Flake "Gold Flake GF" according to the Wiki was produced between 1995 to 2000, so guessing yours might be a 97 built in Korea.. This could be the correct era with "Gibson" on the nut plate instead of the current style "Les Paul Standard".

Excluding Japan built, the Asian built Epiphone's generally resell for around 65% of what new models are selling for, depending on model popularity and condition.

Les Paul Standard Sparkle Flake Wiki

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...