Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing... An extremely Ugly Guitar!!

Maleris

the Moderne is actually a really comfortable guitar to play Kind of like a V you can hold on your leg sitting down. I agree though the headstock is really butt ugly. It would be a pretty nice guitar with a normal headstock. 7k each though for the three guitars, it will interesting to see what they sell for. His price is at least double what I woud want to pay for a 1982's vintage Moderne or 83 V even in Korina and even NOS.

Okay' date=' surely you guys realize that's not just some random ugly-*** body.....

There's some history behind that.[/quote']

Trust me, I know what that is and I'd own one in a second...

but not for 7 grand.

7k each though for the three guitars' date=' it will interesting to see what they sell for. His price is at least double what I woud want to pay for a 1982's vintage Moderne or 83 V even in Korina and even NOS. [/quote']

If you look at the "Questions" at the bottom and check his completed listings, he got $7000 for the Explorer immediately. That seems kind of high, but what do I know.

I'd ove to own either that Moderne or the V but not at 7k.:-k

Yamaha makes some good guitars the AES820 is one of my favorites here well made and well engineered the headstock has different length tuners so the strings line up perfectly straight looks kinda cool and stays in tune better than any other guitar I've ever had, I have two of them and use them as backups and drop tuned guitars with a good neck and custom wound Dimarzio's there hard to beat.

YamahaBluecopy.jpg

ca_12_sbcopy.jpg

I'd ove to own either that Moderne or the V but not at 7k.:-k

Yamaha makes some good guitars the AES820 is one of my favorites here well made and well engineered the headstock has different length tuners so the strings line up perfectly straight looks kinda cool and stays in tune better than any other guitar I've ever had' date=' I have two of them and use them as backups and drop tuned guitars with a good neck and custom wound Dimarzio's there hard to beat.

[img']http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/retrosurfer1959/YamahaBluecopy.jpg[/img]

ca_12_sbcopy.jpg

id have to agree i love the aes guitars of yamaha. the tone is just great, stock or even with the duncans

Ah the Moderne. It's on my short list to own before I die. Great design' date=' kinda Gibson's ugly step child but def not as bad as the Corvus. I do love it though.

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/turquoisemoleeater/guitars/gibsoncorvus.jpg[/img]

I'd get a corvus over a moderne... In a RI form of course. Even better if they throw a slab of ebony on the neck and change the pickguard a little.

Archived