Gibson Brands Forums

Three Questions for a Redneck Engineer

rocketman

Question # 1:

How much does a house weigh?

Question # 2:

How much weight can a rural two-lane bridge hold???

1244091608.jpg

1244091609.jpg

1244091610.jpg

and

Question # 3:

SO......WOULD THIS BE COVERED BY

HOUSE INSURANCE,

CAR INSURANCE,

OR,

DOES IT COME UNDER ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE???

Yeah, Falling water or whatever is a neat place. OTOH, I'm not sure I could feature living there. It seemed kinda sterile inside. Gorgeous views and such, though, inside and out.

m

Apparently many of the guests who stayed overnight needed to go to the bathroom at all times because of the sound of running water!

Probably my favourite bit of archietcture from modern times.

As a bona fide licensed engineer from Tennessee, I can certify that this is a common problem with a standardized solution.

What you do now is you take a couple of ropes and pull the walls and roof off of the trailer with your dually while making sure not to get your new mudflaps dirty. Take the walls and roof and reassemble them wherever you want your new home. It'll have a dirt floor, but, hey, no biggie.

Then you pile up some dirt at the ends of the trailer and use the trailer substructure as a permanent replacement for the old bridge superstructure - just leave it there.

You can use the old bridge deck to tie up your dog, or whatever.

[biggrin]

I think I saw a poster like this back in my youth at the local "Spencers" brick-a-brack and head shop.

It was a train trestle with a steam locmotive what had fallen through. A bunch of bollar be-hatted men standing on the bridg deck with one very sucinct caption "Oh, Sh*$&"

Archived