Gibson Brands Forums

Discontinued Model Club

guitarkid

1969 Les Paul Professional Only 112 made/shipped!!

Sustain Monster

2 Low Impedance Humbuckers

2 Vol 1 Tone

Schaller Tuners

10 Position Decade (really only 3)

3 Position Tone

Phase switch

P/U selector

Bound Rosewood Fingerboard with Crown Markers

Bound Body

Inline Impedance Transformer

LP.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are mine... 2007 Les Paul Standard Faded and Limited Edition Robot LP in red metallic (second run), both discontinued and both great guitars. Sold the Standard Faded (Peter Green mod) to a guy whose band turned into an acoustic only band, so he brought her back and I got to buy her back for 70% of what he paid me [thumbup]

Of them I prefer the Std. Faded... but I prefer the moded melody maker to any of them, just 'cause of the fat single coil (almost p90tish) tones of it. [thumbup]

variosestudiocamarabelen265.jpg

variosestudiocamarabelen270.jpg

variosestudiocamarabelen262.jpg

variosestudiocamarabelen264.jpg

variosestudiocamarabelen256.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest BentonC

[laugh]

Thanks! I'm still in love with it for sure! Plus, they are going up in price. I saw a Tobacco with a 60's neck go for over $2400 on eBay a couple of weeks ago!

If they bring them back then I wouldn't have such a special guitar anymore. So personally, I'm hoping they stay discontinued!

Wow- that's a good incentive to hang on to one if you have it! (or, I guess let go of one if you need the money... )

Forgot about my Premium Plus. Got one of the last ones made...

lp_hcbf.jpg

lp_hcbfc1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "premuum plus" means that Gibson put a nice flamed piece of maple onto a standard? I have a 2004 standard that is pretty much identical (in looks).

Would upload pics, but I'm 3000 miles away from it right now :(

Les Paul Recording 1970:

dscn2961r.jpg

dscn2968j.jpg

dscn2971d.jpg

dscn2973m.jpg

Always been curious about them. Would like to own one someday.

Well, I'll be the first Standard Faded. [biggrin]

2005 Standard Faded 60's Style Neck. Made on the 53rd day of the first year.

Discontinued I believe in 2007. The Standard Faded's with 50's necks were totally discontinued in late 2008.

IMG_8910.jpg?t=1284066867

This, I reall like. I tend to like stuff that's different. Whoever had the pic of "The Goddess", I like that finish too. very unique.

Here's my baby. Almost sold her, but realized she was more rare than I thought.

Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway. July 12th, 1999, Nashville plant.

When looking at other similar DCs around on the web, it seems that mine does not have the white trim on the neck, and the truss rod cover is just plain gold with no writing. Every other one I've seen has the white fretboard trim and a fancier truss rod cover. Anyone know if this is an indication of a factory seconds piece?

I believe production started in 1998 and discontinued in 2005; supposedly because they were cutting too heavily into SG sales. That may be a myth.

Apologies for the crappy pics; the only camera I have right now is my iPhone.

I love the color. The look of the LP double cutaway never appealed to me, but the color of this one makes it stand out.

[laugh]

Wow- that's a good incentive to hang on to one if you have it! (or, I guess let go of one if you need the money... )

Of course, if you've got one from the original production run and they start making them again, advertising it as an original and not a reissue could mean more resale value.

Mine looks a lot like yours with a maple neck and a little binding.

I love natural colors on Les Pauls. Especially with a cap like that! Yours looks sharp.

007-2.jpg

015.jpg

These look a lot like my 2008 Les Paul Push Tone. It was the May 2008 Guitar of the Month model. While it appears to be a Studio Plus Top with Chrome hardware, I find looking closely at the guitar it has more in common with a Standard than a Studio... just missing the binding. Click on the pic for a larger image.

post-33302-058243600 1307696784_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "premuum plus" means that Gibson put a nice flamed piece of maple onto a standard? I have a 2004 standard that is pretty much identical (in looks).

That's correct. It's a AAA top. Standards are AA tops. It's all subjective though. I've seen Standards that have some great flame to them. I got the Premium Plus because I got it brand new for $2,200. It played great and I couldn't pass up a great deal like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived