Gibson Brands Forums

1950's ES-125 Case

studiodtk5

TKL Case of Canada makes the Gibson OEM cases. You can buy the same cases retail without the Gibson logo printed on them. Dennis Reamy is the US sales rep and distributor. Contact him for the model(s) numbers for the cases that are made to fit your ES-125, then you can shop for that specific model number case with complete confidence of the proper fit and quality. TKL generally makes three grades of cases in each size ("good", "better", "best"), so you can also pick your price point and quality level. I believe the Gibson cases are the "mid-grade".

dennisr@tkl.com

Following this precedure I then purchased a new TKL case for my 1947 L-7 from:

http://www.firstqualitymusic.com/c_8/Cases-Gig-Bags.aspx

Great price, great service, great case, perfect fit.

You might also contact Joe at archtop.com. He sells very nice cases for all sorts of vintage archtops. I bought an ES-125 case from him a few years ago, and while it wasn't cheap, it is a very solid case with a crushed velvet/velour lining and is built to last forever. Almost every time someone sees the inside of that case, people want to know where I got it. Even if you don't buy directly from Joe, he probably at least can let you know where he gets his cases.

Ignatius

Archived