Gibson Brands Forums

My new Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute HSB

Zonkers

That's what I use and what I am doing.

Every time I paste the image, no matter what image from 3 different hosts, I ALWAYS get, :

" used 275.42k of your 500k global upload. quota max single 224.58k "

That's after I paste and attach it and chose as well. I'll try again later.eusa_wall.gif

Attach it? No need. Attachments are not required at all. Just put the link with img tags (the brackets at the ends) into the body of the post.

What photo host service are you using? If there's still a problem, maybe it is on their end? That message you quote makes it sound like you are near your limit. My Photobucket account has a limit that I've never even come close to, and I post dozens of pics a year on some fairly busy Forums- you use some of your bandwidth each time someone opens the post- Which is one reason I make the file smaller (not the pic, the file size- it's lower resolution). But we don't need to deal with that yet. Lets get you able to post pics, then we'll deal with resizing [thumbup] .

Edited to add: I just re-read your post and think I may see the problem (or, maybe not). The photo host you are using is only allowing a maximum file size of 224.58K per single ocurrance? (or is that from the Forum, in which case you are trying to upload). The file is too large for that. Who is the photo host? I suggest setting up a free Photobucket account. Pretty sure you can even have Photobucket re-size the files for you when you upload them to your account, and even if not, that size file should work with them (though it would burn up your allotted bandwidth faster). Photobucket.com

Don't paste the image. That's your problem. You need to paste the URL of the into the post window. You get that URL from the photo host, like photobucket, etc. You can only upload 500K of images into the forum. That's why they use thumbnails and low bandwidth stuff for uploads. So, it's much better to paste the URL and get a great, large photo like most of those that have been posted.

This may help. Are you still trying to upload the image? No need if using a photo host. Just paste the img location (complete with the img tags, but without the space I added before the second bracket of each) directly into the post. That should do the trick. Unless you're trying to upload, I can't see why you'd get an "image too big" message.

Het T

For some reason. photobucket is working right at this moment, but I was trying 4-5 different ones with no luck.

It's the photo quality that is my issue right now, I'm thinking, something in the settings is out of kilter, and I am a very amateur when it comes to cameras and software that's involved with it.

You took that thumbnail I sent up last week and made it look almost presentable, besides the flip... So I know the quality is in the camera somewhere, but i've yet to unleash it yet.msp_confused.gif

Archived