Gibson Brands Forums

Temptation

daveinspain

So your in a club watching an awesome guitar player rip the most incredible lead you've ever heard. He's got incredible tone, tons of feeling, melody and speed, all just in the right places... You think to your self I would give anything to play like that. All of the sudden some guy walks up to you and says, wouldn't you like to play like that guy? You look at him and think.... who wouldn't. You start talking guitarists and the guy offers to buy you a drink. The drinks comes and he says to you. I am going to make you a once in a life time offer, If you drink that drink you will instantly be able to play just like that guy or any one of your favorite guitar players but let me warn you, who ever you choose will loose his talent and assume yours...

Would you take the drink?

Tempting indeed, but I'd like to believe I would say no. Instant gratification? Where's the fun in that? No way. I've worked too hard to make the tiny bit of progress I have made so far! O:) It ain't much (you've seen my youtube clips O:) ) but it's MINE.

First off it will contain Rohypnol.

Second, you'll wake up not even remembering wtf the question was but some parts of you won't feel right.

I'd only accept the drink if I knew I could beat the b@ast@rd at chess.

Would it just take away their skills in the present?

Or would it go back and erase all the great work they did.

If it was the former, yes, I would drink it.

Slash, Eddie Van Halen and Jimmy Page would be my three choices and they aren't contributing to the world of rock anymore.

If it was the ladder, absolutely not.

Slash' date=' Eddie Van Halen and Jimmy Page would be my three choices and they aren't contributing to the world of rock anymore.

t.[/quote']

Boy Slash and Eddie would not be happy to hear this after all we just saw Slash in that great Video with Fergie eusa_whistle.gif

and i saw Eddie doing a press piece a few weeks back saying he was playing better than ever...

So to the original question naw, I'd pass I'm too damn old to play like that anymore but thirty years ago? that would have been a real moral dilemma and I'm afraid I would have failed it eusa_whistle.gif

Archived