Gibson Brands Forums

What to do ?

AXE®

My drummer ,Brock is in the Bahamas with his sugar mamma , so no gigging for 10 days .

So Take a road trip ?

Stay home and work on new material to piss him of with when he gets back ?

Catch a flight to Arkansas and float down the Buffalo river and find a little zen time .

Or hang out at the clubs and pick up random strays ... O:)

Les Paul ...

Yeah, man, write some crazy tunes - sprawling prog epics in like 13/8 time or something. (Does that exist?) That'll teach him! Maybe you can find some sit in time w/other bands too. Then he'll be jealous and pissed off by the complicated new material!

-Go to bestbuy and ask to test every fender they have, specially the cheap ones.

-Go to Florida and spend some quelity time with your friend Skynyrd.

Actually I think Silverbursteds' idea is the best. You should do that... but of course, we are going to need pictures of all the strays... ehm... Les Pauls... pics of the Les Pauls, of course this is the Gibson Les Paul forum...

Yeah' date=' man, write some crazy tunes - sprawling prog epics in like 13/8 time or something. (Does that exist?) That'll teach him! Maybe you can find some sit in time w/other bands too. Then he'll be jealous and pissed off by the complicated new material![/quote']

I believe 13/8 does exsist... just use one bar of 7/8 and then one bar of 6/8.... Dream Theater style :P

Do it!..... it will be funny to see the look on his face when he gets back and he has to drum that crazy stuff.

Its good to get into a writing mood when you have LOTS of free time. And its also an excuse to play ur Lester that little bit more :P

My drummer ' date='Brock is in the Bahamas with his sugar mamma , so no gigging for 10 days .

So Take a road trip ?

Stay home and work on new material to piss him of with when he gets back ?

Catch a flight to Arkansas and float down the Buffalo river and find a little zen time .

Or hang out at the clubs and pick up random strays ... :-s

Les Paul ...

Maybe take an English class.

"Stay home and work on new material to piss him of with when he gets back ?"

Think you meant off

Just busting your chops.

I say hang out at the clubs. See what is available. When he gets back you mention "Yep, went to the clubs. Saw a band that had this fantastic drummer. Boy, wouldn't mind play in a band with him". :-k

This will make him think before he leaves on his next vacation.

Sorry, I just loved messing with my old drummer. We had such a good time giving each other crap.

Nun's are good. As a kid I used to ----off to Sally feilds in the flying nun/ I dream of Jeannie/ Bewitched. Heck I still dream of I dream of Jeannie------ that see-thru get-up of her's---- being his slave---granting his every wish--- Man he didn't deserve her---- She needed a real Daddy--not that Putz she had---- then their was her real bad evil sister----- man.

Axe,

When you go up river make sure you take a nice 12 string acoustic. The acoustics in those cabins are wicked. I did a log cabin holiday with my Ibanez 12 string acoustic. I didn't leave for 3 days and ended up with the finger tips on my left hand down to the bone. Enjoy.

Flights are booked and things are packed . The river awaits .

No guitar , I'm roughing it , sleeping bag ground mat and bow .

Been there many times before .

My bud and I are just gonna enjoy mother nature and some home brew, stump hole moonshine .

Archived