Gibson Brands Forums

iRig

mrktwn

• 5 months later...

You can record into AmpliTube or VocaLive.

There are FREE versions of both.

iRig and iRig Mic will both work with GarageBand on the iPad, too.

hi Brian,

are there any plans or is it even possible for Amplitube to be used with GarageBand on iPad, instead of Apple's built in effects and models? that would be killer!

just a thought.

Don

I love my iRig! I've got Fender Amplitube (full version) on my iPhone and it works great, I can just plug my headphones in and play anywhere with great effects and even record it... I've put my Line 6 Pocket Pod for sale because I haven't used it anymore since my iRig arrived!

hi Brian,

are there any plans or is it even possible for Amplitube to be used with GarageBand on iPad, instead of Apple's built in effects and models? that would be killer!

just a thought.

Don

You can import your GB mixdown, bring it into AmpliTube through your iPod library, and then record your guitar there. You can continue to mix in the 8-track recorder in AmpliTube.

If you want it back in GB, you will have to jump through a few hoops, mostly ones imposed by Apple...

You need to solo the guitar track and export for file sharing back into iTunes on a Mac, open GarageBand on the Mac, create a GB project, and then import it back into GB on your iPad. This is because GarageBand on iPad can only import GB projects from a Mac.

You can import your GB mixdown, bring it into AmpliTube through your iPod library, and then record your guitar there. You can continue to mix in the 8-track recorder in AmpliTube.

If you want it back in GB, you will have to jump through a few hoops, mostly ones imposed by Apple...

You need to solo the guitar track and export for file sharing back into iTunes on a Mac, open GarageBand on the Mac, create a GB project, and then import it back into GB on your iPad. This is because GarageBand on iPad can only import GB projects from a Mac.

that's kinda what i figured. it would be cool if there was a "plugin" structure where AmpliTube is available in GB on iPad. alas i don't think this is even available in GB on Mac, and i fully get that this is nothing IK can do anything about. :)

will Amplitube support Apogee's upcoming Jam interface? particularly allowing input from it and audio out over the headphone jack on iPad? this looks pretty cool...

thanks for the reply!

-Don

What 1/4" adapters are you guys using to utilize these apps?

currently iRig, but i am thinking about the Apogee Jam as it is compatible with both iOS and Mac...

Apogee Jam

i've also recently read that if you plug in the USB Camera adapter to iPad, then other USB based audio adapters will also work. i don't have this camera kit, but am going to get one and try it.

relavent link:

ZDNet link about USB camera kit

that's kinda what i figured. it would be cool if there was a "plugin" structure where AmpliTube is available in GB on iPad. alas i don't think this is even available in GB on Mac, and i fully get that this is nothing IK can do anything about. :)

will Amplitube support Apogee's upcoming Jam interface? particularly allowing input from it and audio out over the headphone jack on iPad? this looks pretty cool...

thanks for the reply!

-Don

iOS Apps are pretty basic. They're not designed for that level of integration. Right now AmpliTube can only work with live audio in from the headphone jack or built in mic. I don't think you can mix and match input and output devices on the iPhone/iPad at all.

iOS Apps are pretty basic. They're not designed for that level of integration. Right now AmpliTube can only work with live audio in from the headphone jack or built in mic. I don't think you can mix and match input and output devices on the iPhone/iPad at all.

from the Apogee website:

jam-compatibility-animation.gif

it has a micro USB connector on it, and can connect to USB on a Mac, or to the 30pin connector on iPhone/iPad. The adapter is $99, but it works with Garageband on iPhone, iPad and Mac.

i ordered one, will review it once it shows up later this month...

Archived