Gibson Brands Forums

Well If that don't beat all

jaxson50

When this guy referred to parts of his guitar as a "fish and a bird"; he lost my interest because I didn't see them. When he compared his revolutionary guitar to a classic 356 model bathtub Porsche which is a classic and will only increase in value over time; he lost me again. I never had a 356, but I had the Porsche 912 that was the 4 cylinder that followed it. It was a great car; wish I still had it!

I'm not against new technology; heck I even bought a Robot SG which I think is cool. As everyone knows, Gibson has been expanding into some controversial areas such as the 7 string Explorer, the Zoot Suit, and more auto tuning technology with the Dark Fire. I just hope Gibson doesn't buy this guitar and put a Gibson name on it; where would the label go, on the fish or the bird?

I think the visual effect of a car or a guitar has a big impact on how "cool" it is. Even if this new guitar was slung low with a long strap, it will never be as cool as a classic Gibson played the way Page and others have and do.

Just an opinion from a middle aged guy who is relatively new at playing the guitar.

Archived