Gibson Brands Forums

Which DAW do you prefer?

Guest BentonC

I'm always interested to hear what programs people are using and why- I don't want to miss out on any functionality I might not be getting, so let me know your thoughts!

• 1 month later...

I've been using ACID Pro for about 5 years now. I've tried others like Cubase which IMHO is not easy to use. I spent a lot of time with the manual before I moved on. Also, I've used Ableton Live which has gotten popular over the last couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Nuendo for 5 years now... I used to use cubase, then upgraded, and right now I'm thinking about changin' back to cubase as the newest version has everything one needs and nothing one doesn't. [thumbup] (and costs about half of what it would cost me to upgrade to the latest version of nuendo).

Guest BentonC

I have been using Nuendo for 5 years now... I used to use cubase, then upgraded, and right now I'm thinking about changin' back to cubase as the newest version has everything one needs and nothing one doesn't. [thumbup] (and costs about half of what it would cost me to upgrade to the latest version of nuendo).

As I'm not really that familiar with Nuendo, can you indicate in a nutshell the jist of what you are getting for the extra money over Cubase? Does it amount to much more than track/bus/aux count and giant sample rates? Is it native?

I have heard that it can be really great for sound for picture applications once you get familiar with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived