Gibson Brands Forums

Got another Les Paul Custom

bluesguitar65

WELL FOLKS, you are not going to believe this as I scored a second LP Custom!!! I was over at Norms Rare Guitars today and they had on old new stock 2006 Les Paul Custom that was in the back room for years. I guess they finally found it after all these years and I got for $2550 out the door with original custom shop hardcase. The guitar is brand new and was priced as clearance or used for $2595. Thanks Mark and Jordan from Norms Rare Guitar! I have a bad case of G.A.S indeed.

p9150139.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2010-09-15

p9150129.jpg

p9150130.jpg

p9150136.jpg

p9150137.jpg

p9150138.jpg

p9150133q.jpg

Whoa!

What a stroke of luck!

Damn, yet another beauty.

Two Customs inside of a day or two. Now that's some really serious GAS. B)

Yea, It was hard to pass up. That 2006 was in the stock room for years, in the case and no one in the store knew anything about it. Its brand new and they had it for $2595. I got it down to $2550 out the door. I don't think anyone would pass that up.

You did not just buy TWO Black Beauties.

I could not pass up on the price they had it for. A "BRAND NEW" 2006 Les Paul custom that was sitting in the back room summer, hidden to be seen for "four" years. Old New Stock! Someone finally found it while they moving things in the back room perhaps. Good thing I went in there today, as some one would of bought it before me [biggrin] A new 2010 custom is about $3999 and I got her with tax, out the door for $2550, They had her tagged for $2595 [flapper]

Which one do you like better?

They both sound different. The newer one has hotter pickups so it has more a modern tone. The early 70s sounds clearer. I may prefer the sound of the other one day then prefer the other on another day. Depends, as currently I prefer the sound my my 50s trbute goldtop with P90s [biggrin]

Unless I'm mistaken, the NOS '06 should have '57 Classic Pups, right? (I'd assume a + in the bridge position). If so, this is the same lineup I have in my Classic Antique. Love them!

I believe the 06 custom has 490 on the neck and 498T on the bridge. Not sure though. Anyone confirm this or refute?

I believe the 06 custom has 490 on the neck and 498T on the bridge. Not sure though. Anyone confirm this or refute?

Gibson should be able to verify easily enough (if they don't see this or respond, you might want to call them to inquire). I read somewhere that they put the '57 Classics in Customs, and got the impression it had been so for awhile. Certainly could be wrong. Whatever they are, they sound good!

I could not pass up on the price they had it for. A "BRAND NEW" 2006 Les Paul custom that was sitting in the back room summer, hidden to be seen for "four" years. Old New Stock! Someone finally found it while they moving things in the back room perhaps. Good thing I went in there today, as some one would of bought it before me [biggrin] A new 2010 custom is about $3999 and I got her with tax, out the door for $2550, They had her tagged for $2595 [flapper]

I love finding NOS stuff.

Congrats! It's good to see that you really play it too. Every guitar should get a decent amount of sweat on it. So what are you buying tomorrow?

Thanks! I really don't clean my guitars to tell you the truth. The only time they get a cleaning is when I take them to my local guitar tech for setup and fret dressing. My tech would clean them, specially the fingerboard with all the crud. That is why, I seldom play my strats with maple fingerboards [biggrin]

Well, I don't know what I'll be buying over the weekend, depends on what bargains I will find. [flapper]

Bluesguitar, are you sure that mark wasn't drool instead of sweat? That's a great deal on a great guitar, by the way the swirl in the finish can be removed with an auto finish product. I use an auto detailer spray after a sweaty night's gig before I put my guitars away. It's god for keeping the finger prints off it also. Black shows up every detail, but it looks so nice.

Archived