Gibson Brands Forums

How many Melody Maker owners here?

NeoConMan

I was wondering how many other LP or SG guys have these?

Cool guitar, there's alot to be said for them!

I bought this last year because I was gonna hot rod it and mod the hell out of it. A pair of P-90's and some paint...

Great bargain no matter what, you get a Gibson neck for less than $400!

Anyhow, changed my mind, and it's just been sitting in my office for a couple months.

Decided to sell it, here's the listing if anybody is dying to get their hands on one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Melody-Maker-Reissue-2007_W0QQitemZ110276704996QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It plays great, I just don't like the feel of the neck with the satin finish.

The single coil in it is a badass pickup, clean sparkly all the way to HOT sizzle - very versatile.

Oh well, it IS a single coil ya know...

Let me know if you saw it on the forum here, I'll cut a deal.

PM me.

Neo

PAINT IT!!!

That's what I was gonna do anyway...

I'll tell you the truth, when my wife found out what my plan was she did NOT share my enthusiasm.

All I got from her was "the look" and any of you married guys know what that means.

She asked "If you need to make all these changes, why did you by it?"

I explained, it's basically a blank canvas, so I can hot rod it and just do whatever with it.

She still didn't get it.

So....

It's been sitting in my office and I never play it.

Listed it before on Ebay, it didn't sell.

I dunno.

Anyhow, that's the story!

PAINT IT!!!

That's what I was gonna do anyway...

I'll tell you the truth' date=' when my wife found out what my plan was she did NOT share my enthusiasm.

All I got from her was [b']"the look"[/b] and any of you married guys know what that means.

She asked "If you need to make all these changes, why did you by it?"I explained, it's basically a blank canvas, so I can hot rod it and just do whatever with it.

She still didn't get it.

So....

It's been sitting in my office and I never play it.

Listed it before on Ebay, it didn't sell.

I dunno.

Anyhow, that's the story!

i know EXACTLY what you mean

Yep, I have the two pickup model in Black. I picked it up on line when MF were blowing them out at last April at $299.00 plus I had a 20% discount coupon so it was $240.00. Plays amazingly well I bought it because I wanted something I could haul around Arizona in the car and not worry about the finish on it too much. So far it's held up great, and it plays a lot better than I thought it would. It's a great small guitar for headphones and playing on the couch during commercials.

I was thinking about modding it also but actually really kind of like the way it plays now. So all I ended up doing to it was installing a set of good Grover tuners and thats pretty well it.

Archived