Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

Brothers in Arms

Mark Knofler is a very underrated player, IMHO. I saw Dire Straits in '92 and it was a fantastic show. I love his style of fingerpicking, which is relatively rare for a rock guitarist. The song, Brothers in Arms, is amazing.

Mark Knofler is a very underrated player, IMHO. I saw Dire Straits in '92 and it was a fantastic show. I love his style of fingerpicking, which is relatively rare for a rock guitarist. The song, Brothers in Arms, is amazing.

I hear you. Maybe he doesn't get recognized like Vince Gill or Paisley, when it's all Hendrix, Satriani, Page etc... I think he's very skilled. Not underrated in my book.

I agree, Knopfler is a killer player.

Just don't post Walk Of Life.

I hated that song when it came out - I bought the album - and then it went to radio and MTV to be played endlessly...

[cursing]

Sounds like Hank Williams wrote and recorded it aboard a carnival merry go round.

I love "Calling Elvis" amongst others. He was great live. I took my son to his first live music shows this past year. Guns and Roses, Colin James and Mark Knopfler. All different venues and different musical styles. The back up bands were good as well [thumbup] .

That song he wrote for Sonny Liston is really tremendous, not just the playing but the lyrics as well.

He did a couple of TV shows a few years ago where he plays some songs from his last album which I play all the time.