Gibson Brands Forums

Help me name my new band ..

EuroAussie

Hi Folks,

As some of you noticed I have a new vocal partner and we will probably start playing out live soon, which we're both looking forward to.

Its not really a band but just myself and a vocalist (who also plays some guitar parts). We do covers and only covers, as we love doing covers - but we try to do them well, with our own twist.

But ... we need a name, just so we can create some branding and identity.

So, I was wondering if the creative souls on this forum could throw in a few suggestions.?

The name should reflect that we play unplugged, (well.. plugged in but acoustically) and with a covers focus. We play evrything from Oasis, REM, Radiohead, Midnight Oil to even covers of Frankie goes to Hollywood, Keith Urban and Depeche Mode, so quite diverse.

I was thinking of names like Peel, Stripped, Plug-Off but Im sure there are better ideas out there.

If you have anything in your head, by all means please feel free to share .. :-)

cheers !

Mark

Hi Folks,

As some of you noticed I have a new vocal partner and we will probably start playing out live soon, which we're both looking forward to.

Its not really a band but just myself and a vocalist (who also plays some guitar parts). We do covers and only covers, as we love doing covers - but we try to do them well, with our own twist.

So, I was wondering if the creative souls on this forum could throw in a few suggestions.?

The name should reflect that we play unplugged, (well.. plugged in but acoustically) and with a covers focus. We play evrything from Oasis, REM, Radiohead, Midnight Oil to even covers of Frankie goes to Hollywood, Keith Urban and Depeche Mode, so quite diverse.

I was thinking of names like Peel, Stripped, Plug-Off but Im sure there are better ideas out there.

If you have anything in your head, by all means please feel free to share .. :-)

cheers !

Mark

Hi Folks,

cheers !

Mark

I've been putting together a two-guitar acoustic cover duo as well, so I'm going to use one of the runners-up in this thread.

My idea for our name was "The Danish Swedes," but my co-Dork hated it.

I rejected that one because "Faces From Outer Spaces" is infinitely better.

Lot of great suggestions folks, thank a lot !

Gotta say DejaVoodoo is one that really caught my imagination, the early leader, but not by much as there are so many great suggestions here !

Stark Naked, Soul Covers also sound great ..

Keep em coming ' :-)

cheers.

Archived