Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EuroAussie

Help me name my new band ..

Hi Folks,

As some of you noticed I have a new vocal partner and we will probably start playing out live soon, which we're both looking forward to.

Its not really a band but just myself and a vocalist (who also plays some guitar parts). We do covers and only covers, as we love doing covers - but we try to do them well, with our own twist.

But ... we need a name, just so we can create some branding and identity.

So, I was wondering if the creative souls on this forum could throw in a few suggestions.?

The name should reflect that we play unplugged, (well.. plugged in but acoustically) and with a covers focus. We play evrything from Oasis, REM, Radiohead, Midnight Oil to even covers of Frankie goes to Hollywood, Keith Urban and Depeche Mode, so quite diverse.

I was thinking of names like Peel, Stripped, Plug-Off but Im sure there are better ideas out there.

If you have anything in your head, by all means please feel free to share .. :-)

cheers !

Mark

I've been putting together a two-guitar acoustic cover duo as well, so I'm going to use one of the runners-up in this thread.

My idea for our name was "The Danish Swedes," but my co-Dork hated it.

Here's a few quick shots -

Acousticovers

Under the Covers (UTC)

Hot Plug Covers

Naked Covers

Sonic Replay

Audio Asylum

<*not sure if they've been used before>*

Hi Folks,

As some of you noticed I have a new vocal partner and we will probably start playing out live soon, which we're both looking forward to.

Its not really a band but just myself and a vocalist (who also plays some guitar parts). We do covers and only covers, as we love doing covers - but we try to do them well, with our own twist.

So, I was wondering if the creative souls on this forum could throw in a few suggestions.?

The name should reflect that we play unplugged, (well.. plugged in but acoustically) and with a covers focus. We play evrything from Oasis, REM, Radiohead, Midnight Oil to even covers of Frankie goes to Hollywood, Keith Urban and Depeche Mode, so quite diverse.

I was thinking of names like Peel, Stripped, Plug-Off but Im sure there are better ideas out there.

If you have anything in your head, by all means please feel free to share .. :-)

cheers !

Mark

Hi Folks,

cheers !

Mark

The Carbonites (refering to "carbon copies", as in cover tunes)

Xerocks (as in Xerox, the duplication company)

Karbon Kings (see above)

The Duplicats

Acoustikings

.......bunch more floating around in my head, but I gotta go right now!

I've been putting together a two-guitar acoustic cover duo as well, so I'm going to use one of the runners-up in this thread.

My idea for our name was "The Danish Swedes," but my co-Dork hated it.

I rejected that one because "Faces From Outer Spaces" is infinitely better.

I vote for Deja Voodooo, but suggest you find the name yourself. Will make it a whole lot funnier to recognize the first little gig-poster in the coffee-shop window.

Lot of great suggestions folks, thank a lot !

Gotta say DejaVoodoo is one that really caught my imagination, the early leader, but not by much as there are so many great suggestions here !

Stark Naked, Soul Covers also sound great ..

Keep em coming ' :-)

cheers.