Gibson Brands Forums

i swear i love this picture lol

hotshot9991

I was a teenager in the 80's, and I loved a lot of the music, but could never figure out the whole "hair" thing.

I guess I got stuck in the seventies, when long haired rockers either had the straight hair or the Eric Bloom sort of "fro" thing going.

I couldn't even listen to Motley Crue, simply because my girlfriend showed me a picture of them before I ever heard their music.

It was really hard to take any of those guys seriously.

Yeah, Slash talks about Gn'R's brief experiment with the glam look in his book. I think it lasted a total of three shows before they said forget this noise.

I never understood why straight women would want to be with a guy that dressed like a woman. Also, this look came 15 years late. Bowie and Marc Bolan were doing it in the early seventies. The New York Dolls should have been the last hair and makeup band. What a train wreck of a fad.

I want a hat like that.

I bought that hat years ago to keep the sun off my head while doing a painting job, ever since then he's my faithful companion for anything work or sun related. If'n you stop over in Canada on your way home stop by a store called "Marks Work Wear House" and ask for the Wind River hats. Money well spent.

I make it to Calgary from time to time, but don't recall Halifax.

I really appreciate a good hat. I've been known to spend real money on just the right hat.

I bought a leather hat, about 18 years ago, at Wilson's Leather in some mall.

I was wearing that hat when I met my wife. I get hit on by women every time I wear that hat. A year or so ago, I saw a few singers on CMT wearing the same hat.

Hot as hell in summer, but has a lot of mojo in it!

i just whanted to say though i know what you all mean by glam the lipstick but one thing in rock you have to be good at what you do and look crazy or look cool. imagine slash on stage being 300 pounds without a shirt very tight spandex and with lipstick in rock you have to look cool and that includes the top hat and everything else

Say what you will about the sartorial splendor(or lack thereof) but Saul Hudson is responsible for bringing Les Pauls back to the rock and roll limelight. It was all about Eddie Van Halen and super strats through the '80s until Appetite For Destruction, which is easily one of the best rock records of the 1980s. You know you love that record.

Archived