Gibson Brands Forums

OT: Gallien-Krueger MB210 combo amp

audiomitch

I've been eyeballing something like those on the GC website. I currently use a GK RB400 and a GK 410T. I need a combo for smaller gigs. That halfstack is a real pain to drag around.

I know what you mean. I sold a GK 700RB 115 to help justify the new amp. Totally worth it so far, and better tone as well. I'm thinking of getting the 15" extension cabinet, although it's plenty loud with the two 10" speakers. But hey, you never know ;)

My MB210 is rated at 500 watts @ 4 ohms, and 350 watts at 8 ohms. I'm pretty sure the MB115 is rated at 200 watts.

I've been trying to find a bad review, but I don't think one exists yet. Almost every review I've seen are saying these amps are plenty loud. Mine shakes the walls! It's actually kind of spooky, something this small and light being so fricking loud!

Yeah, the MB115 is 200w. The Microbass is only 150w. My 400RB is 200w @ 4ohms and that is as low as I want to go with wattage. I like the idea of having a 500 watt amp so I can get loud without pushing it.

I play my 400RB through a Randall 215 cab at practice. It really booms. Then I have to use the 410 at gigs and it sounds so thin and weak compared to the Randall. The 215 is a much louder cab too. I suppose if I went the MB115 route, it would be just about right at a gig.

I have been considering going to a tube amp too, but I dont know if I want the extra maintenance headache.

Archived