Gibson Brands Forums

non GARY MOORE fans...

S t e v e

Well, I like Gary, and I don't mind his tone--I respect that his notions of "the Blues" are different from my own.

I do not, however, wish to emulate Gary Moore, at least not when I'm already busy trying to imitate Johnny Winter.

Now there's a dream supergroup

BBW.....!!!!

Really enjoyed that, great video! No doubt Gary is the master phrase man and knows how to use repetition of licks and phrases and can string them together like no other. Too bad he blew his ears out and needs to play so loud it hurts live. Bring ear plugs or sit way in the back...

• 2 weeks later...

The dude is a good guitarist. I just haven't heard anything from him yet that's really resonated with me.

jantha, i agree a little bit with your comment...what about the stuff off his last album? that went down realy well at his last few gigs i went to [cool]

try this mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47PG5FjJBI

I just discovered Gary Moore this when working up songs for a 30 year reunion of my old band for a 50th B'day party. The bass player wanted to do "Need your love so bad." I learned it off of the youtube version of him performing it live. He absolutley lights that song on fire. Love it.

He's okay.

I'm not a fan, but I would listen to his music if it was playing.

I'm definitely not a rabid evangelistic fan, spending countless hours trying to convert everyone in the world into Gary Moore lovers - Steve-josh-lay

Give everyone here a break and take your message door to door like a Jehovah's Witness . . [flapper]

Archived