Gibson Brands Forums

The BFG Is Finished

elessar820

Looks great! I was thinking about adding a pickguard to mine to cover up as much of the color until I have the time to start refinishing it. I have the cherry version of which I'm not a big fan of the color, but I got it as a cheap beater for when I play out in bars. I was thinking of sanding the color off the top, painting it with nitro and letting it relic naturally, but we'll see. I enjoy playing it too much.

P.S.: I saw your ad on CL...tempting, haha.

Yeah, I have it on there. I don't play it too much. After the new guitar hype cooled off it mainly sits there. Maybe it's because of the pickups, mainly the BB3. I have hotter pickups in my other guitars and this one doesn't seem to cut it for me. I like the sound, but I don't love it. I was thinking of a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom or trying out the Alternative 8. Ceramics are too harsh and I haven't used a DiMarzio I've been thrilled with. I'm only leaving the listing until tonight or tomorrow, after that, I'm probably going to do a pickup swap. I'm in no rush to part with it, but if I got an interesting enough offer it may be on it's way out.

I just took it off craigslist. I'm going to keep it, do a pickup swap... and play the hell out of it. I'm also thinking of adding a Kahler 7200 or Black Bigsby B700... anyone have any experience with the import Bigsby's? I like how the black hardware looks and the B700 is the only black model out there. I did do an engraving on the pickguard after seeing the other post, I designed it after my tattoo. I ordered 2 more, one to engrave again and the other as a back up. What do you think?

LesPaulBFG.jpg

LesPaulBFGpickguard.jpg

Archived