Gibson Brands Forums

Triumph..Harley or Honda

Versatile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now then I'm getting older, Harley's are really beginning to appeal to me...When i was younger I only thought crotch-rockets were "thing", but my attitude towards that has severely changed...Just to need to acquire some leather and around 15g's...

If it ain't Harley, it ain't s**t.LOL!!! Ever been on a Harley? Duc's are ok. You'll wanna see and enjoy the ride? Imo that's difficult on a sport bike. Riding in that position? you wanna ride really fast? go on a sport bike. But they are not built for the long haul. Where a criuser is made to go all day. Different type of bike for a different purpose. not a good compairison. Maybe a sport touring would be better for you. oops!! Harley don't make those either. Triumph and Honda's, good learning bikes for the ladies. Triumph and Honda bikes piss all over Harley's? Maybe, but Harley riders S*** all day on Triumph and Honda. Bikers ride Harley.Period. I've been to a few other counties and if they had the money they buy Harley.

Ok , don't get upset at me , it's all in fun.

I have lots of buddies who ride the big HD, as well as a bunch that have boned out for the customs (read Big Bear, Orange County, etc.)

When I bought my VTX in '04, they were jazzed because: "When mine breaks down, you can give me a ride to a pay phone!"

Go figure.

In the same vein, one of them "gave" me their custom, because I would "figure it out" and then give it back when I had dialed it in.

Well, after I watched the fork caps unscrew with the idle vibration, and after the "b!tchen" pipes caught my jeans on fire, I gave it back before I was "done".

Harrumph.

The Honda VTX still starts on the first crank, every time.

(FWIW, I like the Triumphs, too.)

I have no problem with folks who like what they like - in motorcycles, and bass boats, too.

It's not unlike folks who think that the 7 thousandth version of a '59 reissue Les Paul is worth what they paid for it.

(oh, by the way, I made no vote on the poll. Most production bikes have so much parts from Japan, that it's impossible to differentiate...)

If it ain't Harley, it ain't s**t.LOL!!! Ever been on a Harley? Duc's are ok. You'll wanna see and enjoy the ride? Imo that's difficult on a sport bike. Riding in that position? you wanna ride really fast? go on a sport bike. But they are not built for the long haul. Where a criuser is made to go all day. Different type of bike for a different purpose. not a good compairison. Maybe a sport touring would be better for you. oops!! Harley don't make those either. Triumph and Honda's, good learning bikes for the ladies. Triumph and Honda bikes piss all over Harley's? Maybe, but Harley riders S*** all day on Triumph and Honda. Bikers ride Harley.Period. I've been to a few other counties and if they had the money they buy Harley.

Ok , don't get upset at me , it's all in fun.

lol I'm not upset.

Fact is, Harley's are too heavy, don't accelerate, brake or turn properly. They're more of a penis extension than anything practical.

I can think of many other touring bikes that I'd take before a Harley. Not all Italian and Jap bikes are sports bikes you know [tongue]

I have lots of buddies who ride the big HD, as well as a bunch that have boned out for the customs (read Big Bear, Orange County, etc.)

When I bought my VTX in '04, they were jazzed because: "When mine breaks down, you can give me a ride to a pay phone!"

Go figure.

In the same vein, one of them "gave" me their custom, because I would "figure it out" and then give it back when I had dialed it in.

Well, after I watched the fork caps unscrew with the idle vibration, and after the "b!tchen" pipes caught my jeans on fire, I gave it back before I was "done".

Harrumph.

The Honda VTX still starts on the first crank, every time.

(FWIW, I like the Triumphs, too.)

I have no problem with folks who like what they like - in motorcycles, and bass boats, too.

It's not unlike folks who think that the 7 thousandth version of a '59 reissue Les Paul is worth what they paid for it.

(oh, by the way, I made no vote on the poll. Most production bikes have so much parts from Japan, that it's impossible to differentiate...)

Words of wisdom indeed...

Archived