Gibson Brands Forums

Triumph..Harley or Honda

Versatile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I subscribe to that contemporary religion, although a non-owner, just drooler at the Honda Gold Wing....surely one of the greatest ways to get from A to B. Armchair comfort, stereo player, smooth, powerful flat6 motor, corners well...something most Harleys have difficulty with ...lol

lol I'm not upset.

Fact is, Harley's are too heavy, don't accelerate, brake or turn properly. They're more of a penis extension than anything practical.

I can think of many other touring bikes that I'd take before a Harley. Not all Italian and Jap bikes are sports bikes you know [tongue]

Your just wrong on all counts. To heavy ? hummmm.You can feel the weight of a bike going 75mph? the V-Rod doesn't accelerate? oops !!! And no if you compaire a HD cruiser to a sport bike ,well , that's just..... u know. You think BIKERS are concerned with penis extension?... nope.BIKERS, Not Weekend wussies. You know the difference. Untill 2006 HD's were built so they average guy could work on it. How much do you pay to get your bike serviced ? Have you taken any riding courses? I have, Advanced rider certified. Any thing you can do on that bike can be done on a HD. Your turning radius is abit smaller,that's the big difference.Your bike goes 100mph.? so does HD. And ? Fla. is the Biker state,we ride all year round.lol!!!

Please don't cofuse HD with the other custom build shops.When you buy custom they build what you order. If you don't know what to order , you should not be buying one.If a custom is not well made and looks good that's your fault.bring it back. No heat sheilds, well that's just dumb.If your bike fall apart from riding it, well, you got f ***ed. that's just wrong. take action on that.or get your money back.

As long as you ride, it's all good. none are better than the next. Maybe only in your mind.

I have had most brands..but I seem to stay with Honda now.

Owned both since NEW

VTX1800C..two up..at 10,000 feet it has enough grunt to not know how much stuff my wife packs

s12-1-1.jpg

1976 GL1000 cafe'd (yes a cafe'd first gen Gold Wing)

DSC02123-1.jpg

Sold my CBRXX..Blackbird..may look for a Ducati tourer..maybe..

Have 65,000 on my VTX..so

Yes..I ride..

I do hot rods Sports cars..bikes..besides guitar..

Your just wrong on all counts. To heavy ? hummmm.You can feel the weight of a bike going 75mph? the V-Rod doesn't accelerate? oops !!! And no if you compaire a HD cruiser to a sport bike ,well , that's just..... u know. You think BIKERS are concerned with penis extension?... nope.BIKERS, Not Weekend wussies. You know the difference. Untill 2006 HD's were built so they average guy could work on it. How much do you pay to get your bike serviced ? Have you taken any riding courses? I have, Advanced rider certified. Any thing you can do on that bike can be done on a HD. Your turning radius is abit smaller,that's the big difference.Your bike goes 100mph.? so does HD. And ? Fla. is the Biker state,we ride all year round.lol!!!

Please don't cofuse HD with the other custom build shops.When you buy custom they build what you order. If you don't know what to order , you should not be buying one.If a custom is not well made and looks good that's your fault.bring it back. No heat sheilds, well that's just dumb.If your bike fall apart from riding it, well, you got f ***ed. that's just wrong. take action on that.or get your money back.

As long as you ride, it's all good. none are better than the next. Maybe only in your mind.

Don't get me wrong, Harley's certainly have their place, although spirited riding through the twisty bits or the racetrack isn't one of them. This is what I enjoy while riding, should have clarified. They're still overpriced though [tongue]

btw I wrench my bike myself, and find it just as enjoyable as riding. I wouldn't trust a dealer as far as I could throw them, after all it's usually the 17yo apprentices that do the service work.

Thanks for the pics docc...really nice

Honda IMO is a great company

Some great original designs like the Gold Wing

And a reputation for quality and reliability

I like their V4's derived from 60's racing bikes

Always desired a Firebird but had to make do with a Gibson....!!

My last ride was a '73 Triumph 750 Tiger. Great ride, but the center of gravity was kinda high, the clutch was iffy at times (unpredictably), and the electrical system sucked rocks. Good thing it had a kick start.

I'm told by many folks that those are all pretty standard with that vintage Brit bike.

Gave up riding on the advice of my neurosurgeon (who also rides)after having c-spine fusion due to herniated discs.

I only miss riding when the sun is shining, or the ambient temperature is above 45 Fahrenheit, or when it isn't raining.

But she found a good home; the guy I bought her from two years before bought her back from me - he restores and sells Brit bikes, and the Tiger was his personal ride when I bought her (he needed the money.) He paid me what I had paid him, so I basically had a loaner for two years. (g)

post-10272-025091900 1286312060_thumb.jpg

I have owned 3 Hondas starting with a Honda 50 in 1963, a 250 scrambler in '66, and a CB 750-4 in the late 70's, they were all dependable fun riders. My brother gave me his 1952 Triumph 650 hard tail when I was 13, he was going to Vietnam, that was a great oil slinger, handled great but like all Triumph's back then your hands and arms would be numb after a few miles, and you had to tighten ever nut and bolt once a week.

When I was 17 I traded a MG Coupe for a 1947 Knucklehead with a side car! had chrome springer's and suicide shift. My mother almost died when she saw me ride up on it..it was just like the one my dad had when they dated! I never got to ride it much, mom and dad took it! was stolen and wrecked..sadly...

Another fun scoot I had was a Yamaha RD-350, great little 2 stroker, light and agile, but no match for a dodge van at 50mph. Looked like a unsalted pretzel and so did I.

I just can't ride anymore, after being dam near kilt on one..but I still like to look at them...

Anyone ever have a Bultaco? ah the smell of burning Castrol...

Strokers were the thing for many years for their simplicity and easy power

BSA Bantams...Francis Barnet etc

And of course the ubiquitous scooters from Italy

A Lambretta was de rigeur in the 60's onwards

Offering a cleaner ride without the need for leathers....

The most beautiful stroker was the Aprilia RSV 250

Only recently discontinued for environmental reasons..

I really liked the old Suzuki Titan and the Yamaha Big Bear which were killed by emmissons laws, those Kaw.'s 3 cyl 2 strokers of the early 1970s were rockets....and then there is the old Suzuki water cooled 2 strokers, great rode bikes,,,and remember the rotary Suzy?

That was a odd bird..

I really liked the old Suzuki Titan and the Yamaha Big Bear which were killed by emmissons laws, those Kaw.'s 3 cyl 2 strokers of the early 1970s were rockets....and then there is the old Suzuki water cooled 2 strokers, great rode bikes,,,and remeber tha rotary Suzy?

That was a odd bird..

Some tame and some wild in the above selection.... :-({|=

The most beautiful stroker was the Aprilia RSV 250

Only recently discontinued for environmental reasons..

You mean RS250? It was only discontinued because production of the Suzuki engine (RGV250) ended. The RS125 is still available new.

The RS250 was my last bike - a beautiful machine!

Archived