Gibson Brands Forums

Triumph..Harley or Honda

Versatile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know about 2 stroke motors, and 4 stroke motors..did you know there are 6 stroke motors?

The first one was built by Sam Griffin in 1883. His engines were used in electric power plants, they were very heavy and could burn anything, even asphalt! This was possible because the "Griffin Simplex", a external exhaust jacket, which maintained a temp. of 550F, fuel was injected into this jacket and vaporized then burned in the combustion chamber, a hot bulb igniter was used, Griffin called it, the "catathermic igniter", he even had a adjustable air nozzle for improved ignition...pretty advanced for it's time...

There are four new versions of Griffins six stroke motor, with modern technology these engines burn cleaner than any 4 stroke engine and one, the Crower six-stroke engine injects water into the cylinder after the exhaust stroke which expands the water into superheated stem with 1600 times it's volume and reduces fuel consumption by 40%!

But requires a large supply of distilled water....but some day we may see a version of one of these in a car. I doubt it would work in a bike...

Tried to be nice but too many honda riders

so here's the truth

Rice burners are for teens

Harley's for men

Honda Goldwings for the older guys who cant take it anymore.

Interesting Post !!, misguided of course, but everybody has a voice....it's called Democracy! :-({|=

Tried to be nice but too many honda riders

so here's the truth

Rice burners are for teens

Harley's for men

Honda Goldwings for the older guys who cant take it anymore.

Spoken like someone who bought into the hype a couple of years ago and is still humping around the coupon book.

I have been riding since 1970, I have owned 3 Triumph's, 2 Harley's, and 2 Honda's. I currently own a 1998 Triumph Daytona T595. My wife has a Suzuki SV650S. The Harley's were ok but unreliable,(AMF), the Honda's were reliable and fast, but common(CB900F, 83 Interceptor), The Triumph's are unique run great are comfortable for being sportbikes and are reliable. OBW, 10,000 mpy and 45 mpg.

I've had quite a few bikes. My last one was a Bimota SB6r. I bought it new but it never had the feel of my Triumphs. I had a couple of 509's but the best was a 955. I had the double sided swimgarm 2001 model. It was the best road bike I've had. You could hit a pot hole at 70 and it would ride it. Hated that swingarm though. How do you blokes accross the pond like the Rocket?

Archived