Gibson Brands Forums

help one more time with floyd rose system

hotshot9991

This might be a stupid question but the saddles I guess that's what there called that holds the strings, are black but I want them chrome and im not paying almost 120 bucks for a new set.Would I be able to sand the black paint off and buy chrome paint and spray it like that.Or if I sand the black paint off will it already have the chrome look to it, or lastly do I not sand the black paint off do i just buy chrome paint and spray them like that?????????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$120 for a set of saddles? Do you have the string saver sadlles or something? Because a set of regular after-market FR saddles from StewMac is only around $20.

Link

thanks rth i didn't really think of that for some reason im thinking of the actual floyd rose brand saddles, but you know there just saddles there not that much of difference at al,l ill look into getting some from there

lol im 14 so i have a lot of time on my hands nothing but just school, so when it comes to changing the strings I have the time and patience to figure it out.And i do know what your talking about i made it sound like i never used one before but the first I tried changing the strings I felt like banging my head through a wall lol

ok o the link-----im asking a question about if anyone knows were to get another one and also if your talking about me saying over again that im 14 and cant afford it is because im 14 and don't have a job ill be lucky to be able to buy one in 2 years when i do get a job and lastly i keep saying that, is because like i said im 14 cant afford one and im asking were i could maybe get another base plate which any smart person would realize it wouldn't cost anywhere near the price of a brand new floyd rose

fine! you wanna know why im asking why could fine one so cheap is because about 2 months ago my 9 year old brother was in an accident that took his foot right off lucky the surgeons were able to get his foot reattached.And since it was so serious they had a world know surgeon that was at the hospital at the time do the surgery.And guess what my parents got a bill for over 500,000 dollars.We are broke my moms a teacher my dad works for publix there not lawyers or doctors and we wont be able to pay it off for years and guess what my parents cant afford a Floyd rose bridge and if you wanna be a jerk again about this ill show you a picture of my brothers leg for proof and im sure you will.

........................Say what now ?..........your brother lost his foot........your family is in debt half a million........and you are stressed over

the color of your guitars bridge ?...............hmmmmm..........spray it satin black......chome paint is worthless

lol, sorry to here all that man. but i have to agree with blackie. i think some black spraypaint over the floyd should work. if not, im not sure. just make sure you know how to put the floyd back on the body. by the way... curious... what guitar is this floyd on?

lol, sorry to here all that man. but i have to agree with blackie. i think some black spraypaint over the floyd should work. if not, im not sure. just make sure you know how to put the floyd back on the body. by the way... curious... what guitar is this floyd on?

Thanks i don't know why river is being such a jerk but i currently don't have it on a guitar right now i had it on a regular strat.Last i love that picture every time i see it lol randy to me will always the best guitarist i live in lake land Florida. but i cant remember what the airports name was but the airport he crashed at was here in Florida like 12 miles from lake land kinda weird thinking about it but he was awsome

blackie, sorry i didnt mean to write that on yours no hard feelings, but if you read this whole thing i just dont get why hes acting like he has a 20 foot stick up his butt he says something to me im gonna say something back plain and simple like that but really i didnt mean to write that to you sorry

i may be 14 but i know more about guitars then you think i do most people think on here because im 14 i dont know anything and cant play worth a crap

because im 14 is also the reason ive stoppe dusing like 10 fourms because everyone that's like 30 to 60 think they just be a smart ***

I will take a step back......as you are a new guy.........I understand what you are saying.......us guys love to help any way we can younger guitarist..........but sometimes attitude and other slights between each other roll like a snowball down hill and get bigger etc................At times like this it is best to back off and try and reset..................you should apologize to R instead of upping the ante.

You understand...............................we can put this in the past...............and help you out..........just relax

Archived