Next Les Paul Gibson Should Release.

Les Paul Fanatic

eusa_wall.gif

METAL' date=' sounds good.

what he plays is NOT metal.

Toni Iommi, Kirk Hammett, Steve Harris.

THEY play metal, and it sounds good!

What Zakk wylde plays is crap, which is different than metal.[/quote']

Dude Zakk bastardized metal & southern rock and hence Black Label Society, yes he may not play all metal, but all the same, he is one of the last remaining decent guitarist out there who doesn't follow the music trend. Like Kirk Hammett does, when was the last time you heard Kirk pull a sick solo out of his sleeve. Not since what The Black Album so almost 17 years ago.

eusa_wall.gif

Dude Zakk bastardized metal & southern rock and hence Black Label Society' date=' yes he may not play all metal, but all the same, he is one of the last remaining decent guitarist out there who doesn't follow the music trend. Like Kirk Hammett does, when was the last time you heard Kirk pull a sick solo out of his sleeve. Not since what The Black Album so almost 17 years ago. [/quote']

define sick solo. i think hammett did some interesting things on Load/Reload....ie the slide solo in Aint My *****. the reason for that is that he has said as he has gotten older, he's gotten more into guys like Hendrix and is less interested in the virtuoso stuff.

i for one find that very interesting/amusing. only proves what i have known all along, you can say in a few bars of blues what no amount of sweeps, trills and tapping can ever say.

he's gotten more into guys like Hendrix and is less interested in the virtuoso stuff.

i for one find that very interesting/amusing. only proves what i have known all along' date=' you can say in a few bars of blues what no amount of sweeps, trills and tapping can ever say. [/quote']

I think it's hard for most (not all) young players to understand this idea, Fenn. Testosterone-laden guitar playing usually impresses them more. I think perhaps it is easier to grasp. It's more like sports that way. In most sports faster, bigger, higher, etc. is better - no points for style in general. Art is something different and it takes a while to appreciate. Not trying to be patronizing to our younger members, mind you, most of us have been through these stages.

As for ZW specifically, yeah the pinch harmonics get a little aggravating, but not as much as the chorus pedal he usually uses. Turn that thing off! eusa_wall.gif

They NEED a Randy Rhoads 1970 (or was it 1972) cream colored Les Paul Custom Signature

OR

Tom Scholz 1968 Les Paul Goldtop Signature

BOTH are way overdue!!

no not really.

i dont know about the GT, but Randy's custom was stock. it would just be a custom with a RR TRC and a $1500 upcharge. signatures are only cool when the guitars are different than when they were stock...Jimmy Page's #1 is the perfect example of this.

METAL' date=' sounds good.

what he plays is NOT metal.

Toni Iommi, Kirk Hammett, Steve Harris.

THEY play metal, and it sounds good!

What Zakk wylde plays is crap, which is different than metal.[/quote']

You know what, I've been typing like 7 different messages on how to totally attack that one, but I don't even care anymore. I can absolutely explode sometimes, so I'm not going to this time. Please, just don't bash other guitarists simply because you don't like them.

P.S. Steve Harris is the bassist for Iron Maiden, he's not a guitarist.

You know what' date=' I've been typing like 7 different messages on how to totally attack that one, but I don't even care anymore. I can absolutely explode sometimes, so I'm not going to this time. Please, just don't bash other guitarists simply because you don't like them.

P.S. Steve Harris is the bassist for Iron Maiden, he's not a guitarist.[/quote']

Oh snap... I think Oilpit just got plek'd by Led Floyd.

:-k :-k =D> =D>

Kirk Hammet, Zakk Wylde... What a bunch of morons.... OH... how Zakk plays with such feeling, give me a freakin break!

After Randy, Ozzy just blows... Jake was a pretty good guitarist but he couldn't write music worth sh!t"Bark at the what?". I'd rather listen to Brad Gillis play with Ozzy.

I think Gibson should bring back Randy's Les Paul. I'd be first in line to buy a re-issue. I bet they'd sell a lot of them.

For me, the only way I could justify spending thousands of dollars on a signature guitar would be if I was in a tribute band that was really pulling in paying shows.

The best signature guitar you can get is the one you make yourself IMO.

Einverstanden, Tim. Enough with the signatures for the sake of signatures. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the previous Slash just a Standard tobaccoburst with Duncans & a Fishman Powerbridge? Seems you could get all that work done youself & have basically the same guitar for less cash.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC:

A Gibson version of the Epiphone Ultra II would be a very versatile axe, as would a non-weight relieved Standard with the same Nanomag pickup. Hell it'd be interesting to have that pickup in an ES-335 too. Or something really different (life the BFG is - electrics wise anyway) and have a Les fitted with the new Duncan P-Rails.

You don't mess with a winning formula, but there's no harm in a bit of variety IN ADDITION to it.

Archived