Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

Darren W

Gibson LP Robot Wine Red

Got it for a hundred less than a non robot LP studio.

Go figure?

p1000701w.jpg

Darren,

That is sweeeeet... & taking it up a notch ol' son!

I love the colour... & here was you saying, like 3 days ago, that you were jealous when I got 'Baby'!

How long has this been in the wind... or did the lotto god roll some coin your way???

PS: Your lawn is looking good man [laugh]

Good Price and GORGEOUS color!!!!!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

I've been eyeballing a Gibson Faded Cherry Studio for months.

Interested in your impressions. Be sure to go to the GIBSON side of

the tracks and read their "Robot Guitar" section. They discuss different

issues with it, especially KEEPING THE BATTERY CHARGED!!!!! Duh.....

Stu I was looking at the Gibson 50's tribute Studio with the P90's but they are selling so well globally that there is limited colors available (black or white) and not much chance of a good price reduction. I wanted a goldie

I was trying out a wine red studio when the boys at the shop said we have a good wine red robot, that we will do for 100 less than the one your holding, and presto 1600 for this baby. I also grabbed a Vox 847 Wah.

So far it doesn't feel top heavy with the robot controls, its sustain is great. Its actually easy to use the tuning system, although I havent tried to do a custom tune set up yet.

Its easy enough to charge the battery for those who are wondering.

I did try a Gibby LP traditional Goldie which was yumbo, but I couldn't get it under 2700.

Hahahahaha... just relayed all those big numbers to SWMBO.

What can I say... I'm still working on that Orville Tbird :rolleyes:

PS: That 'wine red' isn't anything like the $7 Chilean Syrah I'm hooking into right now... must be a Yarra Valley Pinot Noir [thumbup]

Let me borrow some of the legendary Randy Quaid's (a.k.a. 'Cousin' Eddie from the Christmas Vacation movie) acting skills and say.... Don't go puttin' none of them robots on my Les Paul Clark!

LOL [thumbup]

Congrats - That is a real looker. I guess though I am too old school to truly appreciate something like an embedded system that tunes my guitar.

Same here. It's probably completely awesome, but I like tuning my own guitar. It's kinda like a "bond" with the instrument? Or something like that??

Embrace the data.

or pull the locking tuners and manual it.

True it is a bit of a novelty act but it was cheap as outlined earlier.

Its not bad sitting here like I do, and pulling the switch moving the dial a quick strum, and its gone from zep to blues to drop D to slide, while still holding a beer in the left hand.

Archived