Gibson Brands Forums

'58 VOS GIBSON LES PAUL

JasonHobbs

Hello, this is my first posting on any gibson forum, I had a question:

I bouught a gibson VOS les paul '58 reissue in butterscotch , i was told it was a limited run?

Can someone tell me if they seen one in butterscotch before? IU can't seem to find another like it...

Its a 2010 model...post-26064-095331100 1286601415_thumb.jpg

Hello, this is my first posting on any gibson forum, I had a question:

I bouught a gibson VOS les paul '58 reissue in butterscotch , i was told it was a limited run?

Can someone tell me if they seen one in butterscotch before? IU can't seem to find another like it...

Its a 2010 model...post-26064-095331100 1286601415_thumb.jpg

Wowoowowooww.. Never seen one . Beautiful!:D We need more pics for sure. Is the back red or brown?

• 10 months later...

I've recently bought one of these although I have been a lifetime stratocaster devotee (I was born in 1958 so this is a long time). However I have always sought the sound I first heard which set me on the guitar trail - the "Beano" John Mayall album. In the early 90s I picked up on the Peter Green 'Hard Road' and Fleetwood Mac sounds before catching the blues which the late Gary Moore began to produce about then. Finally in 1996 I bought my first les paul (studio, wine with gold) followed by a Gary Moore 2001 signature model some years later. The GM was a wonderful guitar but still not quite where I wanted the sound to be and I tried many amps, mostly Marshalls, to get closer and not one managed it for me.

I went to the store with the intention of buying a Traditional with 57 classics as I liked those pups on other guitars; loved the trad but there was a fault with a switch so I picked the 58 off the wall and plugged it in. What a sound it made through a Marshall Class 5; absolutely beautiful and precisely what I had looked for for so long. Yes it has a big neck and is relatively heavy which for me at 5'4" should be a problem - but it isn't (WHY?). Don't understand what it is about this guitar that makes it sound so good and play so well but I am so glad that it does. Unfortunately it broke the bank for me at the moment! Having said that, I will save up for another one no matter how long it takes.

In the month I have had this guitar, my playing has improved more than it has in 15 years - the sounds in my head are translating into the sounds in my fingers which they never did before. Thank you to all those who worked on my guitar, I owe you a big debt of gratitude as do my children who will inherit it in 40 years time!

Archived