Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les paul satin ebony studio

Vuesterz92

Does guitar center include the hardshell case with this one(the SATIN EBONY)? Because they didn't mention this guitar will come with the gigbag in their description. They only mention faded versions would come with the gigbag. If true this will be a auto buy.

Does guitar center include the hardshell case with this one(the SATIN EBONY)? Because they didn't mention this guitar will come with the gigbag in their description. They only mention faded versions would come with the gigbag. If true this will be a auto buy.

no hardshell case on any of them.

got a white one yesterday at guitar center.

also they are all worn.

they come with a cheap gig bag.

i bought a studio in 08 which came with a combo lock case, go figure.

the salesmen told me, "all studios now come with a gig bag due to economical reasons"

technically if you buy the case this guitar is 1000.00.

i was very disturbed but thats how it goes.

you have to spend 1100+ to get a hardcase with gibson.

here are some pics. notice the worn finish on the back.

th_101_0696.jpg

th_101_0691.jpg

th_101_0690.jpg

th_101_0689.jpg

Looks like the standard (white or black, worn finished) '50's Tribute LP Studio, to me.

They never have come with a hardshell case, but always with just the "cheap" gig bag.

So, it's not the standard "Studio" line, at all.

And, depending on where you shop, you can get one, WITH a hardshell case, for $850!

CB

Studio satin ebony is not a model of the Studio 50's Tribute series with the P-90 pickups. Rather it's part of the Studio Mahogany series with the "worn" finishes but exclusive to GC and has 490R/498T pickups I bought mine in 2009 and GC was throwing in a hardshell case. Gibson website now references a gig bag, so maybe the hardshell case deal is over.

Studio satin ebony is not a model of the Studio 50's Tribute series with the P-90 pickups. Rather it's part of the Studio Mahogany series with the "worn" finishes but exclusive to GC and has 490R/498T pickups I bought mine in 2009 and GC was throwing in a hardshell case. Gibson website now references a gig bag, so maybe the hardshell case deal is over.

Sorry, I was going by photos the poster included.

Looks like a white '50's Tribute, to me...so, I

thought he was talking about a "black" version,

of the same guitar. ???

I admit, it's hard for me to "keep up," with all of Gibson's various versions, of this or that guitar...they come and go, so quickly, anymore. Back in my day (the "Stoner" age), there was about 4 models (5, if you count the Melody Maker) of "Les Paul's," period. Junior,

Special, Standard, Custom. That was it! Now...??? Sheesh, who can keep up, anymore. ;>)

CB

no hardshell case on any of them.

got a white one yesterday at guitar center.

also they are all worn.

they come with a cheap gig bag.

i bought a studio in 08 which came with a combo lock case, go figure.

the salesmen told me, "all studios now come with a gig bag due to economical reasons"

technically if you buy the case this guitar is 1000.00.

i was very disturbed but thats how it goes.

you have to spend 1100+ to get a hardcase with gibson.

here are some pics. notice the worn finish on the back.

Did you buy it NEW like that with the wear on the back of the neck? If so, I hope you didn't pay full price.

Archived