Gibson Brands Forums

My new truck!

Gilliangirl

Some of you might remember me asking for help on which used truck to buy for reliability (Ford, Chev, GMC, Jeep, etc). I have been watching the classifieds for almost a year now and took a few 'potentials' to my mechanic for inspection, but one thing after another kept worrying me soooooooooooo, I finally decided to buy a new one! It's just a little truck but I LOVE it! Snow? Mud? Bring it on baby! I got my 4-wheel drive!!

IMG_1171.jpg

Beautiful truck! Very reliable. My Ranger 4x4 is a '99 with 178,000 on it and it still looks and runs like new.

Yup, basically the same truck. I was talking with a guy last week who has a 1992 mazda truck with over 350,000 kms on it and still going strong!

Great truck Ford is doing extremely well this year! My only advice is don't let the 4X4 go to your head; lots of people get them and believe that it'll make them invincible on the roads. From one all wheel drive driver to another remember, it doesn't help you stop any faster, so be careful and drive safe in your new truck!

Cheers

Somebody's got to say it. I have a 2009 GMC Sierra.

No ford...

Good looking truck though, and I won't hold that against you, owning a ford.

Hey, I don't see a license plate on the front of that truck??

Don't you guys suppose to have them??

Ford v. Chevy got sh!t all to to do with this thread.

Wassup?

Somebody's got to say it. I have a 2009 GMC Sierra.

No ford...

Good looking truck though, and I won't hold that against you, owning a ford.

Hey, I don't see a license plate on the front of that truck??

Don't you guys suppose to have them??

LOL It was inevitable! LOL

It's actually a Mazda B4000 which is a Ford.

We don't have to have licence plates on the front in Alberta. Back plates only.

Ford v. Chevy got sh!t all to to do with this thread.

Wassup?

Was just a joke with nothing bad intended whatsoever.....

Sorry you took it that way... Wasn't my intention....

I was just trying to be somebody else to the punch line that would no doubt somebody would have said.. msp_blink.gif

Way to go G Girl.

Enjoy the heck out of it.

I just got my 4x4 about 2 months ago. Ford Explorer. My third one. You've got a great machine for the Canadian winters. But as someone else mentioned, you don't stop any faster.

Have a blast.

Dave

Congrats! I've got a happy little Chevy, about the same year. Artillery Owl does have a good point, 4x4 is not a magic cure-all. Remember to throw sandbags (or rock salt, that can serve dual purpose if you really get stuck) over the rear-axel, give you some extra weight in the back. I'd say 200 lbs. worth. Enjoy, though!

Congrats! I've got a happy little Chevy, about the same year. Artillery Owl does have a good point, 4x4 is not a magic cure-all. Remember to throw sandbags (or rock salt, that can serve dual purpose if you really get stuck) over the rear-axel, give you some extra weight in the back. I'd say 200 lbs. worth. Enjoy, though!

Really? Sand bags even tho' it's 4X4? Good to know.... will do. Yes, I know I can't stop on a dime on icy roads so will be careful. The really scary thing about this truck (versus my sports car) is that I can't feel the road at all. I think I'm doing a normal speed then I look at the speedometer and I'm doing 110!!

I had an amazing moment coming back from the horse barns this afternoon. I had just spent the day with 30 horses (including my own, Sable). I was driving west just as the sun was setting along the Foothills, the truck was just motoring along effortlessly (I can hear the V6!) and I had the Eagles in the CD player. Tequila Sunrise came on and I realized how lucky I am to have good guitars, a horse that I love, good friends, and a dependable truck that I love! Life is good.

Archived