Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a real or fake Vintage Hollow Body?

Preludedude

zurdo, the errors began over a year ago, with your post #11 above (and no, post #14 didn't make up for that). :) Look, you seem like a good-natured guy. A couple of your posts in this thread made me smile. I don't want to hurt your feelings, I just think you would do well to check some of your facts (read stein's post again, for example... Gibson used silk-screening and decals for decades and decades on some models). There are some excellent guitar companies here in the U.S. (I recently toured one of them, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company). But yeah, there are a lot of guitars (and other things) being made in Asia these days.

zurdo, the errors began over a year ago, with your post #11 above (and no, post #14 didn't make up for that). :) Look, you seem like a good-natured guy. A couple of your posts in this thread made me smile. I don't want to hurt your feelings, I just think you would do well to check some of your facts (read stein's post again, for example... Gibson used silk-screening and decals for decades and decades on some models). There are some excellent guitar companies here in the U.S. (I recently toured one of them, the Santa Cruz Guitar Company). But yeah, there are a lot of guitars (and other things) being made in Asia these days.

oh well, you still aren't being specific, just rambling. But we are not talking Santa Cruz guitars, (never heard of those), we are talking Gibsons. And yes I know decals and silk screening were used in "budget" models since long ago, but I am not talking about "budget" models either, I am talking about Top Of The Line Instruments in which the mother-of-pearl has been replaced with decals.

THAT's what I'm talking about. And you won't hurt my feelings by disagreeing with anything I write. But you seem to have a keen interest in anything I write, after all you've been following my comments for a year now, so I'm flattered. [biggrin]

oh well, you still aren't being specific, just rambling.

I was specific (re silk-screening/decal history, which you were very vague about when you brought it up, by the way), and the Santa Cruz company, and when I specifically mentioned your error in post #11.

But we are not talking Santa Cruz guitars, (never heard of those), we are talking Gibsons.

You brought up the topic of other guitar companies outsourcing overseas (which led me to mention Santa Cruz Guitar Co.), so no, we were not just talking Gibsons.

I was specific (re silk-screening/decal history, which you were very vague about when you brought it up, by the way), and the Santa Cruz company, and when I specifically mentioned your error in post #11.

You brought up the topic of other guitar companies outsourcing overseas (which led me to mention Santa Cruz Guitar Co.), so no, we were not just talking Gibsons.

I also stated the Rickenbacker does not outsorce. Did you see THAT? Where are Epiphone guitars made?

never heard of "Santa Cruz" guitar company, but I've heard of "Santa Claus" ?

I don't come to the Gibson forum to complain about Fender guitars, I'm always talking about Gibson whether you can see it or not.

There is a great oceanic distance between "Made in USA" and "Assembled in USA".

Archived