Gibson Brands Forums

Following Dem00ns thread

davidl

I have a few neat items...A pinball machine from the seventies and my wife has a killer jukebox,early seventies Seeburg and I have some hockey stuff too...An autographed hockey stick by Rocket Maurice Richard and Jean Beliveau. Ols time Montreal Canadians.

Dave

Book's, knives, guns, old hand tools, fishing gear, guitars but mostly I collect dust...

I also collect WWII articles such as letters, magazines and newspaper articles, I have one diary from a US Navy photographer that served from the 1920's till 1952, it is bound in tooled water buffalo hide, he served in China on the river boats, there is over a thousand photographs in it...some were taken during and just after combat and are very graphic.

Another was the property of a sailor that served from the 1930's till the mid 1950s and was at Pearl Harbor and was at many of the major Pacific battles.

Another was the diary of a Naval officer assigned to a Destroyer that had 19 battle stars, and was involved in the Battle of Surigao Straits, it has copies of the after battle report from that famous battle which was the last battle that was fought by surface vessels, no aircraft..

I used to collect Volkwagen toy Beetles and Micro Busses. I havent bought any in years, but I still have quite a few. I've had several of the real deal as well...money pits, all of them. I also collect old coins when I happen upon them. I have a couple of indian head pennies from 1900, steel pennies, silver quarters, etc. Nothing worth any real value, but they dont take up much space, so what the heck.

Kinda weird but I DON'T collect raccoon stuff yet I have a ton of it. You see, I raised some orphaned raccoon kits when I was a kid and ever since have been getting raccoon stuff for birthday, xmas, etc. [confused]

So, if anyone needs some . . . [thumbup]

Taste like chicken, right?

I still have a bunch of Marvel comics from when I was younger, lots of Marvel action figures. Occasionally if I see one nowadays, I might buy one and leave it in the package. I have several Hess trucks (the ones that come out during Christmas time). I'll probably start selling em in a year or two. If I sell em all at fair market value, that should buy me a nice Gibson. I also have lots of Star Wars stuff (action figures still in their packages, light sabers...).

As you're all expecting, I have a HUGE collection of Metallica stuff. Over 30 shirts, Todd McFarlane set, over 60 CDs, DVDs, guitar picks, my Truckster, magazines, Smiti set, rings, necklaces, light switch covers...so much stuff.

I used to collect Business Cards. Actually made a large "photo album" of them. Stopped a long time ago.

I also collected enough State Quarters to make 4-complete sets, then I stopped that also.

Currently not collecting anything, but I do hold on to rare and foreign coins when they come within my grasp.

Archived